Samurai House
Please provide login details for the Samurai House.
Samurai House
Please provide login details for the Samurai House.
Samurai House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Samurai House. We hope you enjoy your stay

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adventures of The Heart of Remus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bob Stryder
Admin
Admin
Bob Stryder

Adventures of The Heart of Remus Empty
PostSubject: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 8:33 am

Please see this thread for any extra details on this role play.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb3FJdRk-tI
Bob Stryder
Admin
Admin
Bob Stryder

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 12:26 pm

Captain Robert Mark Stryder pressed the appropriate buttons on the console on front of him, causing his ship, the USF Neptune, to extend the umbilical to the passenger station in stationary orbit around Jahib. He felt the slight tremor as the umbilical mated with the passenger stations hull and one by one all the lights turned green. He cleared his throat and punched the intercom button.

“This is your captain speaking. You’ll be pleased to know that we have finally docked at the Jahib interchange and it’s now possible for you to disembark. We would like to apologise for the delay in docking, although it’s almost tradition now that Jahib traffic control make passenger liners wait for at least four hours. Please direct any complaints in their direction. On behalf of my crew and myself I would like to thank you for using United Systems Fleet and wish you a pleasant onward journey. Cabin crew, please begin disembarkation.”

He released the intercom button and sat back in his seat, grateful that this particular trip was finished. He, like most other passenger liner captains, hated coming to Jahib. The hours long wait to dock was just the tip of the iceberg really. Jahib was an extremely affluent planet, in a very affluent system which meant that people travelling to and from the place paid a lot of money. Stryder had made a touch over $362 million on this trip alone. The downside was the staggering arrogance of the people who lived and worked there. Just as a small point, the dock they had just berthed in had been empty for the entire time they were waiting. The USF operated in every system and yet the Jahibians still treated their ships with contempt. Stryder sighed and stood up, stretching his arms out as he did so in an attempt to wake his muscles.

He moved over to the engineering console and switched the engines off. They’d be here for at least twenty four hours, six hours to offload their sixty thousand passengers and associated luggage, two hours for the cabin crew to check the cabins were clean and clear, eight hours off for the crew to rest and six hours to load the next sixty thousand passengers. Add the two hours wait for clearance to leave from the devils own traffic control centre and you’ve lost a day.
Satisfied that the ageing ships systems were all as they should be, Stryder turned and walked to his quarters. The advantage of being a captain is that the ranking officers rooms were attached to the bridge, so he wouldn’t be forced to make polite conversation to the grumpy passengers as he tried to slide past against the current of bodies. He got to his rooms and went straight to bed, tired after a long day of being sat doing nothing. He woke up four hours later, got in the shower and stood under the curtain of water for far longer than he usually did. All the time they were docked they were using the stations water, not the ships reserves. His entire crew would be taking advantage of the free water later on. He gave some thought to emptying, cleaning and refilling the two pools on the leisure deck but decided it’d take too long. When he was dried and dressed he went over to his small desk and checked his messages. He had two.

The first was to tell him he needed to pay his taxes to his homeworld, Remus. He groaned, thumped down in the hard, plastic seat and opened his accounting files. It only needed a cursory glance to see that all the figures were right and the Reman tax office had come up with the right sum, (the bane of being absolutely upfront in all things money) so he replied to the secure message with his credit number and the sum to be paid and fired it off back to the tax office.

The second message was covered by the seal of the USF, only it was a variant of the seal that he had never seen before. He applied his finger to the ID pad which took a sample of DNA. After a few seconds the console beeped and the message opened. It was from Admiral Aloysius. Stryder was none the wiser. He’d been keeping his head down over that last few years and only knew a couple of the upper echelons of command. He read the message.

CCCCCCCCCC
CLASSIFIED
CCCCCCCCCC

**TO: CAPT STRYDER, ROBERT M : USF NEPTUNE (BTR)**
**FROM: ADM ALOYSIUS, STEPHEN P : CDR 3RD ECHLN (CLASSIFIED)**
**SUBJECT: ALTERATION OF STANDING ORDERS.**
**MESSAGE**
Captain Stryder, you are hereby ordered to bring your ship to the Rakus (RAKUS, NESPIAN SYSTEM)
shipyard to meet with Admiral Aloysius to discuss new orders.
You will proceed with passengers to Rakus, after your passengers have disembarked you will move
your ship and crew to the Rakus USF shipyard where the vessel will undergo a standard overhaul and
partial refit. You will ask your crew to remain available for the duration. You will meet me in my
office two hours after your ship has hard-docked.
These orders are classified. You may tell your command crew but no other.

See you in two weeks.
Signed,
Admiral Aloysius.
**END**

CCCCCCCCCC
CLASSIFIED
CCCCCCCCCC

Stryder groaned. He used his console to signal Jahib passenger control that circumstances had changed and that the Neptune would be going to Rakus only. That would cause a riot, as the passengers that should be boarding his ship next were already queuing by the loading gates. He stood and went back to the bridge and ran some system checks until all the passengers were off, then called a general meeting of all the crew.
Captain Stryder had no idea why he was being called to the meeting with the admiral.
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:17 pm

In Admiral Aloysius' office a large, mean looking man sat on the couch. Swirling the drink in his right hand for several minutes before taking a final drink to drain the glass. He set the glass down on the table and asked "Admiral, are you sure about this guy?"

"Stryder you mean?" asked the Admiral as he turned from the window. "Quite sure. Do you have concerns?"

"Admiral, I have taken care of many, many situations for you over the years. Never before have you called a passenger liner Captain. I do have some concerns. You are asking me to put my team into the hands of a lazy, fat, worn out shuttle pilot." spat the man as he moved closer to the Admiral's desk.

The Admiral smiled and quietly replied, "Mr. Black, Stone, White, Phillips, or whatever you are calling yourself right now, I am aware of the requirements and Bob Stryder is the best man for the job. Now, we have trusted each other for over 13 years, and I need to know, Do you still trust me friend?"

The large man with the calloused hands and weathered face paused for a moment, but eventually sighed followed by "Of course I trust you Admiral, but that doesn't mean I have to trust this shuttle pilot...yet."
Back to top Go down
https://sevensamurai.rpg-board.net
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 4:55 am

Commodore Falks sat at a coffee table in a small cafe on Turners Redoubt, an out of the way backwater fire base on the edge of known space, He was currently reading the weekly news update on his personal data pad and sighing at the occasional mention of war, He'd had enough of war, War had left countless marks on him, from the scar above his left eye the countless laser burns across his back and chest and the occasional shake in his right hand and the nightmares, the faces of those he had killed haunted him still.

He was content for now to be chasing down pirates and looters and scanning unknown systems to see if they had anything useful in them -which they never did- he looked at his pocket watch, then up at the docking bays over head, one of the six ships in his squadron was manoeuvring into the paddock for refuelling, he immediately noticed the bizarre configuration of her sensor array and noted her as the Recon Cruiser Eternal charity commanded by a fat, pathetic and incompetent man by the name of Timothy Charles, Helix hated him he was the epitome of everything he hated in a person, from the man's reckless disregard for the lives of his crew to his swelling over inflated guts, the man literally stank of fired chicken.  

Helix turned back to his pad and switched the page to the days schedule, Eternal Charity was right before his own ship the Battle cruiser Ebony Clouds, he looked up again and searched for her among the ships until he finally found her which was not easy due to her jet black hull painted to resemble the clouds for which she was named her sleek lines illuminated by the dying light of the red dwarf of which this system revolved. Like him she had seen countless battles, first in the wars to liberate the free worlds from the yoke of the old empire some 20 years past, to the more recent war against the USF 3 years ago, now there was peace but the Diplomats always waved the threat of war beneath the noses of their counterparts in their respective Leagues and unities.

The news of late was about the so called New Empire which in truth was just the old empire with a new skin -he hated them too- they had had their chance and they had blown it if they had been more benevolent perhaps the galaxy would be a better place.

He turned away from those thoughts and finished his coffee sat for a moment in the quiet before rising to his feet and striding off in the direction of the lifts to the upper tears.

Upon arrival to said lifts the doors were closing "Bugger" he thought as he rushed forward, a young man with commanders bands on his sleeve thrust his hand out to stop the doors and allowed the Commodore to enter, when inside he noted Captain Lidia Osha leaning against the far wall and winked at her.

"Thank you Commander" he said once he was comfortable against the side wall
"Your welcome, sir" said the young man "Torres sir, Allan Torres" he supplied at the commodores unasked question
"Ah yes" said Helix "about time we added to those bands" he said light heartedly
"don't tease the poor lad Falks" said Osha "He's the poor sap that has to put up with Timothy" Torres stiffened up when she uttered the name of his captain.
"Not for much longer if that fat prick steps out of line again, I shall shoot him myself after his courts marshal" Helix said in an uncharacteristic outburst
"Helix!" Osha shouted
"My apologies Commander, I shouldn't speak of your CO like that in front of you"
"That's all right sir"

The rest of the ten minute accent was silent although Falks and Osha found amusement by pulling faces at each other when they knew Torres wasn't looking. When the doors opened the commander politely said good day and left the two old friends as he walked off toward his ships boarding plank.

"We need to get rid of Tim" he said at last as he walked with Osha toward her ship the Heavy cruiser Battle Cry
"What like flush him out an airlock?"
"Would he fit?"
Osha looked at him, a slight smile tugging at her lips "cargo bay?" she said at last
Helix smiled "No, I mean sending him home in disgrace"
"Well, I assume you have been keeping reports of his actions"
"I have"
"Well be passing Rakoon Military base in a few days" she left the sentence there to allow Falks to formulate the idea
"Admiral Ban Harrod?"
"Yes, I know he likes you, all ways talks about the Battle of Cantara"
"Don't remind me" he said as his hand moved up to his left eye, Osha caught it before it passed his shoulder.
"Stop it!" she said and pulled him into the space between some crates where they could not be seen where she pulled him into her arms "You need to let it go"
"I can't, people died, good people and I couldn't save them" he said returning her hug
"Survivors guilt" she said softly then pushed him away and wiped a tear from her eye "Come on, your ship is up for the paddock next and she is a hungry beast"

The two friends continued on their original path.

Later that day Helix was in his office reviewing a message from the admiralty, It seemed the League of Free worlds required him to travel to the Rakoon Military base perhaps fortune really did favour the brave...
Back to top Go down
Bob Stryder
Admin
Admin
Bob Stryder

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 11:46 am

The USF Neptune slid slowly into the drydock on the USF shipyard. Even though it was one of the largest ships in the fleet there was still plenty of room to spare. As she slid to a halt a multitude of clamps, umbilicals, pipes and cables emerged from their recesses and attached themselves to the Neptunes hull in various places. Scanning arms began gliding along the ship looking for microfractures, holes or cracks at an extremely high resolution.
On the bridge, Stryder set the shut down all systems. A few seconds later the shipyards own systems came online and the bridge and corridors lit up again, this time on the shipyards power. Stryder grabbed the intercom.

“All hands, docking is complete and you are clear to disembark. Go and find your allocated quarters on the shipyard and I’ll contact you with instructions later. Stryder out.”

He stood, grabbed his kit bag and made his way to the airlock. As he left the ship he had a feeling he’d never see her again. It took him nearly thirty minutes to get to the Admirals office which was on the other side of the station overlooking the military docks. He dropped his kit bag in the secretary’s office and the secretary nodded him straight into the office.
As he entered he saw the admiral behind his desk, a large wooden number, and surrounded by data tabs, memory chips and styli. He glanced around the office to see a large heavyset man who looked like he could handle his end of a fight sat on a couch along one wall. He nodded at Stryder, so Stryder returned the nod.
“Captain Stryder.” said the admiral. “You’ve made good time.”
“You’ve piqued my curiosity Admiral.” replied Stryder. “I’d quite like to know what you want. Although I’ll admit I don’t think I’m going to like it.”
“Ah, Robert.” smiled Aloysius, “How well you know our ways. Please,” he gestured to the chair in front of his desk. “have a seat.”
Stryder sat down and said “What am I doing here, admiral.” The admiral sat back in his seat and pursed his fingers.
“We’ve been having a small problem with the political entity calling itself ‘The New Empire.’ They’ve begun throwing their weight around.”
“I’ve been seeing their escapades on the news feeds and wondering what the USFs response would be.”
“We’ve not responded yet. That’s why you’re here.”
Stryder rolled his eyes. “I knew it. Listen, I don’t do that stuff anymore. It’s on my file. I’m to be left alone on my liners and left in peace.” Stryder heard the man on the couch snort. Stryder ignored him.
“Captain, we don’t want you to do what you think we want you to do. We have been talking to admirals from the League of Free Worlds.”
“The people that three years ago we were at war with? You’ve got all friendly with them have you?”
“Yes. We have.” The tone in the admirals voice advised Stryder to back off a bit.
“Ok,” he said, “tell me what you want me to do.”
“We’ve agreed that you are going to meet an operative from the League. He will be at a place called Rakoon base.”
“I’ve never heard of the place. I’ll need directions.”
“It’s all loaded into your ships navigation computer. You just need to say the word.”
“My ship will be in drydock for months, it’s due a life support overhaul and those take ages to complete.”
“Oh, captain Roberts. We wouldn’t send you to meet with a representative of a potential ally in an ancient, ugly cruise ship.” Stryders eyebrows had risen. “No, no, no. My dear captain, please step over to this window.”
Stryder stood and went to the large window behind the admirals desk. He looked out and saw, about one hundred feet below him a warship. He recognised it instantly.
“The Heart of Remus.” he said quietly. “You repaired it.”
“It’s been here for some time. It’s your ship, captain, and it always will be.”
“You kept it for me? I told you I wasn’t coming back.”
“We knew you’d come back if it was for the right reasons, Robert.”
Stryder stood at the window looking at the warship. It was an older variant now but would still be an awesome presence to get the New Empires attention.
“Who am I going to meet?” he asked.
“Commodore Helix Falks.” said the man on the couch. “And you’re taking my team and I with you”
“Falks? I can’t see as he’d want to see me, given that the last time we met, we fought each other to a standstill. I was commanding that ship.” Stryder pointed to the Heart of Remus.
“He’ll get his orders as well.” said the admiral.
“Ok.” Stryder said. “Give me details.”

--------------------------------------------------------------

Two days later the Heart of Remus left the USF shipyard for the first time in three years. She slowly came about and then disappeared in the flash of hyperspace.

Last edited by Bob Stryder on Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:53 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Continuity.)
Back to top Go down
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 5:04 am

Helix had spent the last day and a half avoiding Captain Charles, the man insisted in calling ever half an hour in attempt to pry information of the squadrons sudden change in destination and Falks had had enough, The man even tried to come over to his ship, forcing Falks to threaten him with a seat in his brig.

"Commodore Falks you are needed in the CIC, Commodore Falks to the CIC" the female voice was clearly that of Commander May the ships XO and one of his most experienced officers, she had served the Old Empire until she had been caught by the League attempting to steal the plans to the ship she was now on, after the fall she was released but her home world was now in League hands, so she enlisted in the navy.

Falks entered the CIC the centre of the room was dominated by a 8 foot wide Gravidar 3D display on the very edge of the screen was a small white blip.

"Report" he said
"hard to say sir, its not one of ours" Said May
"give me a fleet update"
"Captain Porky has not spotted it yet"
Helix smiled "and the others"
"Captain's Osha, Clastra and Stubbs have positive contact, Stubbs thinks its a USF ship Gastman has been informed and is holding pattern"
"Good lets keep it that way" no sooner had he finished he noticed the Eternal charity drift towards the centre of the Gravidar then immediately speed toward the blip
"Hells" said May
"Some one get the Eternal charity on comms" he looked over at the comms officer who tapped some buttons then pointed at Falks to signal that the channel was open "Captain Charles, return your ship to formation."
"Negative, enemy contact sighted closing to engage"
"You will return to formation now!" Helix said more firmly
"confirmed, USF battle cruiser, Fearless Class, ID says its The Heart of Remus" May said
Helix looked at her, his face paled slightly "Charles you fat bastard you WILL return to formation NOW!" he was shouting now "That ship will rip your to shreds and if it doesn't I will"
"The Eternal charity is turning back and returning to formation" said May as she wiped sweat from her brow.
"add the incident to Timothy's report card"
"Well that's blown any chance of us going undetected"
"I doubt it, you know what they say in the USF?"
"What"
"See you later, unless I see you first and they always see us first, they have better sensors than us and that ship is one of the old style USF ships built back in the golden age when they knew how to build a warship"
"as opposed to the credit a dozen ships every one spits out these days"
"indeed, It seems the larger Empires don't need the same quality of ship that we do"
"the UFS ship has turned toward us sir, should I power up weapons?"
"negative, send this to the squadron, all ships maintain formation and maintain standard running, do not power up weapons unless provoked, which means Charles that YOU do not power your weapons unless you are physical attacked which you will be by me if you disregard this order"
"Sir we are being hailed"

Falks nodded at the comms officer as Captain Rigel Maxwell the ships CO entered, Falks winked at him, the captain smiled and nodded back.

"This is Captain Robert M Stryder of the USF The Heart of Remus hailing League squadron please respond"
"This is Commodore Helix Falks of the LSS Ebony Clouds, please state your intentions"
"Commodore, we are travelling to the Rakoon Military base"
"This is your lucky day then Captain, it just so happens I am on my way there. If you would like to fall in to formation my squadron and I will escort you."
"aye aye"

The Heart of Remus came alongside the Ebony Clouds and they travelled on...
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 9:14 am

Mr. Stone was feeling the sharp headache and nausea acutely. The Admiral had not been exaggerating about the effects that occurred from the new experimental jump engines.

Stone had met with his squad commanders, Mr. Grey and Mr. Green just hours after he had left the Admirals office. “Gentlemen, looks like Stryder isn’t all daisies and rainbows about being called back to duty. It turns out he is being sent to rendezvous with an old opponent to handle Rakoon. Green I want that mission briefing on Falks as soon as we get underway. Grey, oversee the loading of our ships and gear. I have a few details to handle. Ship leaves in a couple of days so make sure your squads are rested and ready.

Captain Stryder had not been happy about the detour. Granted, it was a small detour, but he did not like it. Part of Mr Stone’s mission was ‘Need to Know’ and the good Captain of the Heart of Remus did not need to know. Stone showed Stryder the orders from the Admiral to stop at Fosters Nebula and drop off Stone and his team. The trip took the Heart of Remus nearly 18 hours out of her way, but she did comply with the orders. Stone and his team had taken over the auxiliary docking bay for their 13 Advanced Infiltrators and their gear. They had launched, taking everything with them, leaving the bay empty and headed into the nebula. The Heart of Remus returned to her course for the rendezvous.

Stone’s team reached their destination inside the nebula, the UFS ship Ghost Spirit. The Ghost was an experimental reconnaissance vessel. Her engines achieved greater “speed” my manipulating space in new ways. She also greater surveillance abilities than standard vessels. The Ghost was also under the Stone’s command; at least for this mission.

“Helm, move us to just outside the range of Rakoon’s perimeter satellites. The Ghost moved quickly out of the nebula, then made their “jump”.

Now Stone stood on the hanger deck, shaking the cobwebs out of his mind. “Grey, Green, are all your men ready to go?” Affirmative answers were expected and received. “Good. Mr. Grey, your team will disable 6 of the perimeter satellites. Mr. Green, your team will hang back to handle initial response if any. “ The men nodded affirmative and went to their ships. Stone walked to a comm panel, activated it and spoke “Mr. White, prepare to intercept, filter, and return any and all security communications for the target satellites.” He let go of the button not waiting for confirmation; he knew White would handle the communications appropriately.

This would be the easy part of the mission, provided everything went correctly. The takedown and hijacking of the security perimeter would have to go smoothly or guns would be drawn. Big guns and lots of them. As he exited the hanger, he spoke to the flight deck officer, “Please ensure my Infiltrator is prepped in case I am needed outside”
Back to top Go down
Bob Stryder
Admin
Admin
Bob Stryder

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 8:42 am

Robert Stryder sat on his command chair on the bridge of the Heart of Remus. Secretly he was delighted to be back in this seat but he'd never admit it to anyone. He stood up to stretch his legs and took wander around the bridge, looking at the holographic displays floating above the stations displaying everything from power usage to engine performance. He stopped by the main sensor station.
"Any changes?" he asked the Sensors Officer.
"No sir." replied the officer, "No change since we engaged hyperspace."
"What about that ship that came toward us when we entered their sensor range? What can you tell me about them?"
"That ship's ID comes back as the LSS Eternal Charity. She's stayed in formation but she's directing a lot of sensor beams our way - certainly a lot more than the others. So far she's performed detailed scans of our engines and weapons, right now she's focusing on our hangar bay doors."
"Really?" Stryder raised his eyebrows. "Well, well, well." He turned to his comms officer. "Please try to get the Eternal Charity on comms."
"Aye sir."

After about twenty seconds the words 'Stand By...' appeared at the front of the bridge, large, holographic, slightly transparent words flashing on and off. After another ten seconds the words vanished and were replaced by the upper chest and head of a man, overweight and looking surprised at the contact. Stryder disliked him immediately.

"This is Captain Timothy Charles of the LSS Eternal Charity." said captain Charles. "How can I help?"
"Hey Tim!" said Stryder, far too jovial for the situation. "Whatcha looking for?"
"I beg your pardon?"
"You've been scanning my ship intensely for the last twenty five minutes. Is there something you'd like to know?"
"It's standard operating procedure in the LSS, Captain Stryder. We must know our enemy as well as we can."
"Enemy? I see. And are you transmitting your results to the rest of your squadron?" Stryder had sat forward in his seat. This could be very bad for his ship and crew. Had this Captain had been ordered to find out as much as he could about the Heart of Remus? It was a good time to do it, within optimal range for a few hours. He would learn a lot. Then with one word the rest of the squadron could fall on Stryders ship and, although he could fight off one or even two of them, the whole squadron would undoubtedly capture the Heart.
"I've not transmitted any information as of yet." replied Charles, who was starting to behave like someone had been caught doing something he shouldn't. Stryder tapped a button to mute the transmission, and turned to the comms officer.
"Get Commodore Falks on the line please. Let's have three way, and I really wanna see fatty here squirm." The comms officer smiled and began tapping buttons, Stryder unmuted Captain Charles.
"So captain, what are you looking for specifically?"
"Nothing specific." Was he sweating?
"Did you get any useful data on my engines or weapons?" Captain Charles' eyebrows went up slightly. "Ah, I see you've realised just how sensitive my scanners are, Charles. Yes, I know what you've been scanning and for how long."
"Captain Charles." A third voice sounded, and Stryders holographic screen altered to accomodate Commodore Falks' head. "Please tell me what you've been doing."
"Commodore, I have been following standard op..."
"If you are going to say standard operating procedures, then stop." broke in Falks. "Those procedures apply to enemies, not allies."
"The USF are not allies." argued Charles. Falks looked at Stryder.
"Captain Stryder, please accept my apologies. I will deal with this issue immediately." Stryder smiled, flipped a lazy salute and said
"Thank you Commodore. Stryder out." The screens disappeared.
"Did anybody else enjoy that?" he asked nobody in particular.
"I wouldn't like to be Captain Charles right now." said Sabastian Brotherton, Stryders XO. Stryder smiled.
"I'm going for a shower. Let me know if anything happens."
"Of course sir." replied Brotherton.

--------------------------------------

Two days later the squadron dropped out of hyperspace. Scanners immediately picked up Rakoon Military Base 100,000 kilometers away.
"Captain, you should see this." said the sensors officer.
"Put it forward." answered Stryder, indicating the forward holographic display. The display flashed into life showing the base.
"How close are we?" asked Brotherton.
"98,000 kilometers sir, and we're closing."
"Can we reduce the magnification a bit? We seem a bit close."
"We are at minimum magnification sir."
"It's bloody big, isn't it?" asked Stryder. He had stood and was reading the details over the shoulder of the sensors officer.
"The bit we can see is a touch over 900 kilometers wide, 700 tall and 800 deep." he said. "The League kept this quiet, didn't they?"

The squadron was approaching the base, passing a lot of other ships on the way. Patrol ships, small defensive fighters, floating laser turrets, frigates, a few destroyers and some freighters. A lot of sensor activity was directed at the Heart of Remus.

"Sir, Rakoon base traffic control is sending us a message, text only." reported the comms officer. "They say that we are cleared to dock in bay 2045. Coordinates are attached."
"Dock in a bay?" asked Brotherton. "Is that a good idea?"
"Honestly I don't know." replied Stryder with a shrug. "It seems rude not to as we're allies." He thought for a moment. "I'd prefer to berth on the outside, but we've been invited in." He sat in his command chair. "Helm, take us in."
"Aye sir."

Twenty minutes later the Heart of Remus approached the open docking bay door.
"Snug fit." commented Brotherton. "No room to maneuver if things get sticky."
"We've got some big rear facing cannons if we need them." said Stryder. "Plus our ion drive exhaust will melt those doors in seconds." He sat back in his seat. "Besides, we're allies now. There won't be any problems." He grinned at Brotherton. "Although my meeting with Commodore Falks could go either way."

The hangar doors closed behind the Heart or Remus as she came to a halt. Umbilicals snaked out trying to find hardpoints to connect to which they eventually did.
"Well." said Stryder. "There's no time like the present. Brotherton, you have the bridge." He stood and walked to the door at the back of the bridge heading to the airlock. Two men that, three years ago, had tried to kill each other were now to meet. Commodore Falks had a distinct advantage here.
Back to top Go down
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 12:11 pm

Helix stood staring out of the window in Admiral Ban Harrod's office while the Admiral read the report on Captain Charles with the occasional sigh or tut, it was some time before the he set the pad down and then looked over at Falks.

"What a waste" Ban said at last
Helix turned to face him "He is useless"
"Indeed all that time he spent at the academy, such promising results, where do you think we went wrong?"
Helix shrugged "Giving him a cruiser even if it was just a recon ship as his first command perhaps"
"I see, Well I shall be transferring him to station command at Retirus if the old snake can't sort him out he is a lost cause to be sure"
Helix nodded "I would recommend Captain Rigel Maxwell to head the Eternal Charity"
"Tis a bit beneath him don't you think after being in command of the Ebony?"
"I don't think so, he has been itching to get out from under my feet for some time now, he is ready for a proper command"
"What about the Ebony who will Captain her?"
"May is a capable Officer"
"I am not promoting that Imperial to Captain"
"She is from Oberon, is that not in our space?"
"That's besides the point Falks and you know it, she was an imperial spy"
Helix put up his hands as he walked toward the desk "We don't need to promote her anyway"
Ban settled down "very well, now onto why you were summoned here, Jax Arens is retiring in a few weeks and he requested that you replace him and take command of the 3rd fleet, you will be promoted to full Admiral and will be made chief of Military operations for The Haron Nebular"
"Helix sank into a chair "That is quite a leap don't you think?"
"Falks you have been pottering around the lower ranks for far to long, you are capable of much more than flying squadron duties and we all know it the High Admiral herself has run out of patience with you and she has made this mandatory"
"But what about my squadron?"
"Captain Osha will be promoted to Commodore and your squadron will be added to the 3rd, that is the end of the discussion Captain Stryder is waiting outside and its time we got on with it"

Ban pressed a button on the desk and told his aid to send Stryder in.
Back to top Go down
Bob Stryder
Admin
Admin
Bob Stryder

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 1:46 pm

The door slid open and Captain Stryder walked in.
"Captain Stryder." said the Admiral, extending his hand. Stryder took the admirals hand and shook firmly.
"Admiral Ban Harrod." said Stryder. "It's a pleasure to meet you."
"Likewise, Captain." replied Harrod. "I believe you've met Commodore Falks?"
"We've met, but never been formally introduced."
"Ah, well, Captain Stryder, this is Commodore Helix Falks. Commodore Falks?"
"Pleased to meet you in person at last Captain." said Falks.
"Likewise." Stryder gave the admiral a sideways glance then looked back to Falks. "Three years ago, I enjoyed the way you dealt with USF Wescott and Portage. It's probably inappropriate of me to say, but that was borderline genius." He grinned. Falks smiled.
"Thank you. The tactics you used weren't to shabby either. Personally I was glad when the battle ended. Another of your salvos would've really hurt. How did you..."
"Gentlemen, gentlemen." interrupted the admiral. "You'll have plenty of time to congratulate each other on your heroics later. Right now we have a more pressing matter."
"The reason I'm here?" asked Stryder.
"Yes. Please be seated gentlemen."

The admiral began to outline the problems facing the galaxy at the hands of the New Empire.
"The New Empire inherited the Old Empires infrastucture. It's essentially the same Empire but with new leaders." said the admiral. "And the problem with such a young empire having such a big fleet it that they really want to flex their muscles."
"You've been having problems?" asked Stryder.
"Yes. Border issues. Trouble is we can't pin the blame on the New Empire - we have no evidence. That's when we contacted the USF."
"You want the USFs scanners." supplied Falks.
"Yes."
"But the USF wouldn't give you the scanners. Instead, they sent me and the Heart of Remus. The most advanced ship they have." said Stryder, nodding slowly. "So what's your plan."
"Commodore Falks and yourself are going to take the squadron, with the Heart or Remus on an extended border patrol. You will need to either stop these incursions or gain evidence of which faction is attacking."
"I can see why you want the Heart." said Stryder. "You want good scanners and a ship that can defend itself, plus with the Commodores squadron it'll guarantee the scanner records get back here." The admiral nodded.
"Right. Any questions."
"Are we authorised to use terminal force?" asked Falks.
"For the protection of our forces, yes."
"Nice and simple then."
"Commodore Falks will have operational authority as this is technically a League mission, but the outcome will affect the USF as well as others so I expect you to listen to Captain Stryder." said the admiral, looking a Falks.
"Works for me." said Stryder. "When do we leave?"
"Tomorrow?" asked Falks.
"Sounds good."
Back to top Go down
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 2:22 pm

After the meeting with the Admiral, Helix made his way to the officers lounge which overlooked the Ebony Clouds and her sister ship the Ivory Moons, both ships were identical with the exception of their paint schemes and both had been in service for the same length of time, they were being scrubbed down right now, a process that removed scorch marks from laser and plasma weapons as well as removing the build up of foreign particles and dust that you get during prolonged periods of space flights, the thought of this procedure becoming common place within the Harron Nebular washed over him and he found he was mildly annoyed at the prospect.

"Helix" some one said from behind him as he stood looking out of the huge viewing port.
He turned as Osha stepped up beside him "Lidia you ever wondered what might be beyond the line?"
Osha looked thoughtful "No not really, why, do you intend to run away?"
Falks smiled "No just a thought perhaps one day, I might consider taking an LRS out there"
"Count me out, those ships don't have enough weapons on them for my liking, I'll stick to my Ivory Moons, thank you"
"What, you don't want to upgrade to a battleship?"
"Not a chance mister, they may be built to take punishment and have lots of guns, but they are slow on the turn, which makes them easy targets for smaller ships"
"Slow on the turn indeed, even an LRS can out manoeuvre one"
"What is an LRS?" Falks and Osha turned to face Stryder as he walked up behind them, Osha's eyes narrowed, Helix put a hand on her shoulder and smiled
"A Long Range Scout, Captain, we use them to explore deep space beyond the line"
Stryder nodded "We tend to use Cruisers for that" he said
"Unfortunately the League military can not afford to send valuable assets out on exploratory missions"
Stryder nodded again "Understandable"

The three stood there for a little longer before Stryder broke the silence saying...
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 7:47 pm

Stone made his way back to the bridge of the Ghost. “How are we doing so far Mr. White?” The response was a quick and abrupt “Nothing of note Sir.”

Stone sat in his command chair and reviewed his case file and recent communications. The only thing he took special note of was a request for a situation report from Admiral Aloysius that was marked urgent.

“Colonel, I just found something…maybe” said White. “Send it to my padd” said Stone. A few seconds and beeps later a rather cryptic message displayed on his screen.

BL. 2 C. Caution

“Where did this come from Mr. White,” asked Stone, “Was this sent in regular traffic?” White responded “Sort of Sir. It was in the regular encrypted traffic stream, but it was piggy backed on the stream. I almost missed it.”

Stone considered the implication. “Can you determine where it originated?” “Not yet Sir. It was hidden pretty deep. I traced it back as far as I could and it was bounced around quite a bit, hitting several major stations several times. The only thing I know for sure right now is it originated in either the USF or the League.”

Stone did not like what he heard. “Mr. White, I want to know where that comm originated sooner than later!” He pressed a button on a comm panel. The static filled response came “Flight Ops”

This is Stone, prepare the shuttle for me. I need to redezvouz with the Heart of Remus when she leaves Rankoon. Recall Grey and Green and their teams”

Stone carried his Padd and boarded the shuttle. He told the Flight Operations Officer “I’ll send coordinates when I know where we are going to be. Tell Green and Grey their teams are to remain on ready status, gear stowed and ready to fly.”

The shuttle undocked from the Ghost and Stone positioned the ship at the edge of the docking lanes. He set a transponder beacon to broadcast “Heart of Remus” on a loop. Stryder would pick him up, or at least ask what was going on before he jumped away. At least that was what Stone hoped would happen.
Back to top Go down
Bob Stryder
Admin
Admin
Bob Stryder

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 11:42 am

The three stood there for a little longer before Stryder broke the silence saying
"I've received an encrypted transmission." He managed to look mildly embarrassed at the situation. Falks raised his eybrows.
"That's to be expected given your situation."
"Yes. The thing is, when we leave tomorrow I need to make a slight detour. It should only take us six hours out of our way."
"To do what, precisely?" asked Osha.
"I need to collect somebody. A person from the USF."
"This is looking a bit shady." said Falks with a frown.
"I know it does. You have my word that I don't know what's going on, but you can be sure I'll find out."
"Will you tell the League?" asked Osha with a bit of attitude.
"I will if I can." replied Stryder, looking directly at Osha. "I appreciate that this is a strained partnership, and you have my word that I won't let anything damage it."
"Pfft. Your word." scoffed Osha. "The USFs word isn't worth much around here."
"Osha." cautioned Falks. Stryder stepped up close to Osha and said quietly
"I'm trying here. I feel like I'm fighting against both our factions. Cut me some slack, will you? If you can't then please go away, and find another captain for your ship."
Osha turned on the spot and walked off. Stryder looked apologetically at Falks.
"Sorry Commodore."

The squadron approached the rendezvous sent to Stryder to find a USF shuttle waiting for them. Stryder ordered the comms channel open.
"Captain Stryder of the Heart of Remus calling unidentified shuttle. Please respond."
A single line of text appeared on the holoviewer.
Permission to bring my shuttle aboard?
Stryder rolled his eyes. "Yes. Then once your shuttle is secured please come to my office." He turned to Brotherton. "Once that shuttle is aboard please signal the squadron that we're ready to go, then follow whatever course they set."
"Aye, sir." replied Brotherton.

Ten minutes later Stryders office door opened and Mr Stone walked in.
"Are you so high up in the USF that you don't need to knock on a captains door?" asked Stryder. Mr Stone looked at Stryder and then slowly and deliberately sat down in a chair without being asked.
"Captain Stryder," he began. "I don't like you."
"I don't care. What are you playing at? You start sending me secret messages when I'm in a very delicate situation. Then you demand that I come and pick you up when you are very aware that it may damage relations that I'm trying to build up." he leaned forward in his chair. "Mr Stone, I am very angry. Just what the bloody hell do you think you're doing?"
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Mr Stone looked at Stryder and then slowly and deliberately sat down in a chair without being asked.
"Captain Stryder," he began. "I don't like you."

"I don't care. What are you playing at? You start sending me secret messages when I'm in a very delicate situation. Then you demand that I come and pick you up when you are very aware that it may damage relations that I'm trying to build up." he leaned forward in his chair. "Mr Stone, I am very angry. Just what the bloody hell do you think you're doing?"

Stone smiled as if recalling an inside joke. He took a breath to collect his thoughts then said, “Captain, I may just be saving this ship, her crew, and her captain. What I can tell you right now is I am actually a Colonel in USF Intelligence and I may know more about what’s around the corner than you do. How much did Admiral Aloysius tell you about your mission?”

“No way in hell am I telling you anything. I never heard of you before the Admiral forced you onto my ship. Then you leave and suddenly pop back up here. Now you want me to take your word that you are an officer in the USF!! No way Mister…oh excuse me..No Way Colonel” spat Stryder.

Stone pointed to a padd on the Captain’s desk and said “May I?” Stryder replied, “May you what?” Stone smiled and said “Use this to try to convince you?” The Captain waved his hand in an act of dismissal. He had no intention of being convinced. Stone picked up the device and pushed a few buttons and retrieved some data. He handed the device to Stryder saying “The classified portions of your mission include traveling with a representative from the League of Free Worlds to these coordinates to conduct an investigation/patrol of the border with the new Empire.” Stryder took the padd and recognized the coordinates from his briefing, a briefing that Stone had not been invited to attend. Stryder dismissed this saying “So, you studied a star map and guessed some coordinates. Means nothing.” Stone held his hand out and Stryder handed the padd back to him. Stone called up two more files and handed the padd back to the Captain.

Stryder looked at the information and back to Stone. “Those two and more. I would like to speak to both you and this Falks character together. I was hoping to have your backing to legitimize my claims. I have other information and I think I have proof that somebody in the USF higher echelons is trying to start a war.” Stryder considered Stone for a minute and said, “I’ll see what I can do.” He pressed a button and said, “Please escort…our guest to his quarters” and let go of the button. “I’ll send for you”
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 10:17 pm

Stone stepped out of Stryder’s office and walked left down the corridor.  “Sir, your quarters are this way” said the guard as he pointed the other way down the corridor.  Stone stopped and turned to look at the guard.  He smiled and laughed just a little bit.  “I know, but the hanger deck is this way” he growled.  The guard nervously said “My instructions were to take you to your quarters”

Stone looked at the man, turned toward the hanger deck and began walking as he said, “But nobody said I couldn’t go to my quarters via the hanger deck”  Once they got to the hanger, Stone entered his shuttle craft, opened an encrypted channel to the Ghost and transmitted coded message giving the Ghost the coordinates at which they were to pick him up.  He then shut everything down and exited his shuttle.  Stone approached the guard and said “Okay Sparky, let’s go to my quarters.”

About an hour and a half later Stone got word that Captain Stryder wanted to talk to him.  This escort was a Lt. Commander, not Sgt Sparky from earlier though.  The Lt. Commander showed Stone to a door, not the Captain’s office though, and opened it for Stone to enter the room.  Stone walked in as saw Captain Stryder sitting at the end of a long table with a display on the wall behind him.  Conference Room thought Stone.

“Hello Captain” said Stone with a smile on his face.  “Colonel Stone, you sent a message from your shuttle a while ago.  Who did you send it to, and what did the message say?”  “May I sit down Captain?” asked Stone pointing to a chair.  Stryder sighed heavily and waved his hand.  Stone sat in the chair next to Stryder and said, “It was nothing really.  Just a note sent to my vessel on where they should pick me up.  But don’t worry Captain, We are still hours away.”

Stryder started to ask another question, but the Lt. Cdr entered the room again saying “Commodore Falks, of the League of Free Worlds.  An imposing figure entered the room.  Not waiting to be asked he walked to the end of the table and asked “What is this all about Stryder?  I don’t really have time for this.”
Stryder looked at Stone.  Stone jumped up and said, “I think I can clear up any questions Commodore Falks, and I believe congratulations are in order regarding your impending promotion.”

Falks stared at the gruff looking wearing not a USF military uniform, but the clothes of a mercenary.  “That is not a done deal.  It is also not pubic information and I want to know how you know.”  “Certainly, all will be made clear” said Stone as he reached in his bag and extracted two padds.  He handed each of the ship commanders one and t hen grabbed a third from his bag.  Pushing a few buttons the display screen behind Stryder lit up.  “Oh, before I begin Captain, is this room secure for classified information?”  Styrder pushed a few buttons on the panel embedded in the table top and said “It is now”

“Very well, I am Colonel Stone of USF Intelligence.  Let’s start with what we all know.  You both are being sent to this area of the border with The New Empire.  Your mission is to find out what the Empire is doing.  I have information about that area that neither of you received.”  Stone swiped his padd screen and the display changed to list 4 USF vessels.  He continued “These vessels, all active military vessels of the USF, have been sent to this very same sector of space.  And they have all disappeared without so much as a subspace message or transponder beacon being jettisoned.  Two frigates, a light cruiser and a heavy cruiser.”  Stone pushed a button on his padd.  “My crew intercepted this messaged piggy backed on regular traffic coming out of Rakoon Base.”  Falks stood up and said sharply “What the hell are you doing tapping Rakoon.  What right do you…”  Stone interrupted just as sharply “Commodore, please sit down.  I am not at liberty to disclose my authority for that intrusion.  I suggest you speak with your Admiral when you return to Rakoon.  Now if we can get back to the matter at hand.  The message said:”

BL 1 S Caution.

“Somebody just told somebody else you are coming.  Border line, 1 Squadron, Caution.  They know you are coming and they are gearing up for you.”

Stryder interjected “It doesn’t matter if they know we are coming or not.  This squadron is more than a match for any other vessels.  You alarm is amusing Colonel Stone, but not very useful”  “There is more.  More that you haven’t been told.  More that I shouldn’t be telling you, but I think it is mission essential.”

Stone pressed another button, and an image of a man popped up on the display.  This man is Vice Admiral Angus Sheppard.  He was in charge of USF shipbuilding for 15 years.  He approved each and every design of each and every class of vessel in the USF arsenal.  He retired one year ago, but 6 months ago he disappeared.  I think he defected.  I think he defected to the Empire.  I have no proof, but I do have some indications.”

“Indications are not sufficient to levy an accusation at Admiral Sheppard.  He is a good man and you are out of line Colonel!” spat Stryder.  “Never the less Captain” returned Stone “we still have 4 missing USF vessels AND a missing Admiral, who was traveling in an adjacent region to the disappearances when he himself disappeared.”

After a short pause Stone continued “I think Sheppard is helping the Empire take, not destroy, the vessels sent to investigate the border.  Or, perhaps the Empire has nothing to do with this and Sheppard has gone into business for himself.  I can’t say for sure, but something is wrong on that section of border territory.  The lack of ship debris or communication suggest that somehow, the vessels are being taken and not destroyed.  They are then used against the next ship that comes poking around there.  That is my theory and that is why you both need to use extreme caution.”

“Captain Stryder, why do you think Admiral Aloysius reactivated the Heart of Remus?  Don’t answer, I’ll just tell you,..Admiral Sheppard had nothing to do with her design or construction.  If  Admiral Sheppard is helping with these attacks, then sending in a ship he has limited knowledge of is an advantage.  That is also why this is a joint mission with the League.

“And what if this Admiral Sheppard has nothing to do with this?” asked Falks.  “Well then, we’ve taken precautions and sent in two old bastards to ruin somebody’s day.  So, that is what I have.  I’ll let you two discuss and makes your battle plans.  Captain Stryder, I’ll send coordinates to your Exec Officer to arrange to be dropped off so my ship can pick me up”

Stone turned and walked out of the room, leaving the ship commanders to discuss the situation.

Last edited by Bob Stryder on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Altered for continuity.)
Back to top Go down
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 7:44 pm

The Room fell silent for a long while after Stone left, Helix watched the quiet rage in Stryder slowly dissipate and waited for the man's fists to loosen before he spoke.

"So they know we are coming? But I am willing to bet they do not know the composition of the squadron and I doubt they know the limits of our fire power, my two Battle cruisers were recently refitted so unless they have all the documentation from Yards on the other side of League space I think we still have at least one advantage going for us" He said to break the silence

Helix poured himself a glass of water as he waited for Stryder to reply...
Back to top Go down
Gostlool
Ronin
Ronin
Gostlool

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 10:10 pm

Lieutenant-Commander John Callaghan,
Officer Commanding, Grand Serenity

Callaghan was a young man. He'd joined the Military while he was in college. The Reserve Officer Training Corps. The Military paid for his education while in turn he'd train to be an officer, and after graduating he'd join the reserves. Only John did not join the reserves, and instead joined the active forces and with time went career.

He'd been in the service for fifteen years now, and was on track for an early promotion to full Commander, should this assignment go well. This assignment, his first command, was a routine patrol, basically. But, as a junior Captain, it was left to him and his fellow Lieutenant-Commanders.

His Command, the Grand Serenity was a top-of-the-line Serenity-Class frigate. She came equipped with the latest technologies and weapon systems. And on top of that, she had a prototype stealth system that would mask her heat signature. Anyone looking out of a window would still see her, though.

While normally these ships were reserved for senior Commanders or Captains, John's mentor managed to secure one of these babies for him, and after a quick shakedown she was sent out.

Standing in the CIC, Callaghan monitored all activity on the large holotable in the centre of the room. All screens were clear, when suddenly alarms started to go off. The Helmsman, Lieutenant Jack Connely calmly said over the comms "Commander, we're under attack. Our engines are out. Power failing on all decks*. Engaging emergency power. Venting atmosphere on E-deck, D-deck and C-deck. We're dead in the water. I don't understand, sir. There's nothing on the screens. It's like we're attacked by nothing.

There was nothing John could say. There was, in fact, nothing. And looking out the windows didn't help either. There was nothing left to do but send a distress signal. "Mayday, mayday, mayday. This is the League Naval Vessel Grand Serenity calling all friendly ships in range. We have been attacked by an unknown enemy, and are losing power and venting atmosphere. We require immediate assistance" he said, hoping someone would hear him.
Back to top Go down
Bob Stryder
Admin
Admin
Bob Stryder

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 12:14 pm

Helix poured himself a glass of water as he waited for Stryder to reply.

Stryder leaned back in his chair and stared at the ceiling for a few moments. Then he sighed and looked at Falks.
"I don't understand why people feel the need to resort to violence, blackmail, treachery or any of those things." he said. "We should be one civilisation, all of humanity united under one banner with a military force to protect us against alien and unknown threats, not hundreds of fractured societies warring against each other with hundreds of militaries all vying for the title of Most Badass Killers."
"I don't understand it either." replied Falks. "What I do understand is that this is the way it is. We didn't create it but we have to live with it, and I'm paid to protect my society from the other societies and the unknown. So that's what I do. And so do you."
Stryder grunted. He opened his mouth to reply but was interrupted by the intercom.

"Brotherton to Stryder" Stryder tapped an button on the desk.
"Stryder here. Go ahead."
"Sir, we're receiving a distress call from a League navy ship." Falks looked up sharply.
"Please patch it through here." asked Stryder.
"Mayday, mayday, mayday. This is the League Naval Vessel Grand Serenity calling all friendly ships in range. We have been attacked by an unknown enemy, and are losing power and venting atmosphere. We require immediate assistance."
"Any location?" asked Falks.
"Yes, coordinates were embedded within the transmission, along with a limited amount of sensor information. They're being attacked but there's no sign of who's attacking them."
"Time to intercept?"
"Twenty two minutes in hyperspace sir."
"Set course and engage, Mr Brotherton. Please prepare the ship for a fight and ready the Wasps for combat launch. They're to be deployed the second we drop out of hyper."
"Aye sir."
"Stryder out." He tapped a button to cut the connection. "No time to get you back to your ship," he said to Falks.

"No problem. I've just ordered the squadron to intercept. We'll see what's going on when we get there."
Back to top Go down
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 4:59 pm

Helix walked to the hanger on Stryder's ship where the shuttle he had come in on was sat waiting for him, as he walked he took in the internal structure of the ship, he noticed the bulk heads and at what intervals they could be sealed. League construction differed greatly to that of the United Systems Fleet, the bulk heads were wider apart meaning you could have larger compartments between them but at the cost of greater lose of life if they were compromised.

He considered the implications for a moment and came to the conclusion that the USF could replace people at a high rate than that of the League.

He finally reached the hanger and boarded the shuttle, a small corvette armed with two Kinetic Lancers Short Range Missile launchers and 2 twin linked kinetic Cannons a cut above the standard fighter.

"As soon as we exit Hyper space we will launch, I want to be back on the Ebony Clouds before we close with the enemy" he said to the small crew of three.

Moments later the Squadron emerged from Hyper and Helix's corvette followed Bob's fighters out into space, from here Helix could not see any enemy ships, he could however see the Grand Serenity as she slowly listed something had hit her but what he could not say. The journey went without incident and by the time Helix walked onto the CIC Marines had been dispatched to the Grand Serenity he nodded with satisfaction at his XO's initiative.

"Report" He said
"The Grand Serenity was hit by Neutron Beams" Said May
"Really? I only know of two races that use that tech and neither would bother attacking us! can we raise Callaghan?"
"Attempting that right now... Channel is open"
"Callaghan respond?" said Helix
Back to top Go down
Gostlool
Ronin
Ronin
Gostlool

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 10:24 am

Lieutenant-Commander John Callaghan,
Officer Commanding, Grand Serenity

"Commander, I got two ships on the screens. But the sensors are too damaged to recognize them. Wait, I'm getting an IFF bearing. They're friendlies! One of the ships is the Ebony Clouds!" Jack's voice said over the intercom.

The Ebony Clouds... That was Falks' ship. What the hell was he doing here? Not that he wasn't glad that he was there, of course. All help was welcome. They were dead in the water. The comms console lit up. The Ebony Clouds was contacting him.

"Admiral? Damn, are you a sight for sore eyes, sir. As you can see, we are in a wee bit of trouble here. Anything you can do would be appreciated." he said.
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 6:36 pm

Stone, in his shuttle, picked up the distress call and wondered what fresh hell they all were falling into. He prepped to drop out into space just as soon as Stryder dropped out of hyper.

He would have to improvise to have his own crew pick him up and still make his appointed rendezvous. He just hoped he would not be too far off the mark.

______

Dropping into space he did his best to keep Stryder's and Falks' ships between himself and whatever was going on out there. He wanted...no needed to skulk away quietly and unobserved. Despite his impatience, Stone let his ship nearly drift way as opposed to a full power retreat. He dialed in his private, direct channel to advise Mr. White of his change of plans.
Back to top Go down
Bob Stryder
Admin
Admin
Bob Stryder

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 10:12 am

Styrder sat in his chair in the CIC, watching the forward view. He saw the Grand Serenity floating in space, with a slight lateral roll caused presumably by the leak of atmosphere coming from the upper quarter of the vessel.

"I want detailed scans of that ship." he ordered. "We need to know everything. I wanna know the serial number of the gun that fired on that ship."
As he watched the hull breach in the Serenity was sealed and the air leak disappeared. A few minutes later some of the ships running lights flickered on and the ship stopped rolling and righted itself.
"They're getting things under control." he said, half to himself.
"Yes." said Brotherton. "We're getting interesting things from the scans. The places on the upper hull that took the brunt of the attack are soaked in a type of neutron radiation."
"Not many people use neutron weapons anymore. I can only think of two races that do."
"Yes sir, and both those races are not in a position to attack either the USF or the League."
"Hmm." Stryder sat back and stroked his beard. "So what does that leave us with? Someone trying to impersonate another society to shield themselves?"
"It'd be quite easy to buy those types of armaments on the black market. There must be a glut of them by now." agreed Brotherton.
"Sir." interupted lieutenant Sara Campbell, the Hearts senior sensors officer. "We're detecting some localised hyperspace distortion, and it's stationary."
"I didn't think that stationary localised hyperspace distortion was possible." said Brotherton. "That a ship caused localised distortion when it travels through hyperspace, but by it's nature it keeps moving." Bob nodded.
"That's what I think as well," replied Campbell as she gestured at her display, "but the scans speak for themselves. That," she pointed at the relevant part of her holograph," is a stationary, localised hyperspace distortion. And it's sitting five and a half kilometers from our starboard bow, and seven from the Grand Serenity."

Back to top Go down
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 2:16 am

Commodore Falks inspected the welds on the now sealed breach with John standing next to him, he frowned.

"You'll need to put into dry dock to have this fixed properly Commander" he said at last
"yes sir" Said Callaghan
"However that can wait, we can't send her back to dock on her shake down cruise"
"We can't?"
"No don't be daft lad you'll be a laughing stock, no we'll do rolling repairs and have some shield capacitors added so that if whomever attacked returns it won't blow out your bulk head"
"Sir, Shield capacitors will interfere with our stealth technology"
Helix looked at Callaghan "you can turn them off" with that he walked purposefully toward the hanger.

neutron beams were no joke but shield capacitors were the simple solution, they collected the neutrons being fired at the hull then dispersed them harmlessly into space through the shields of the vessel which reduces the damage they dealt tenfold which was why the weapon had fallen out of favour with most civilizations.

Helix was part of the Serenity project in the early days stealth in space was a very hard thing to do considering the propulsion systems used today, it baffled him as to why the ship had not been fitted with a defence against neutrons, and more to the point who knew that this ship would be such an easy target for such a weapon, the plot was thickening could this all be related? Was some one trying to start an intergalactic war?

Helix hated mysteries!
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 9:46 am

After too many quick burst encrypted messages to the Ghost, Stone managed to get himself picked up. However, leaving his shuttle to walk on the decks of the Ghost did give him a warm feeling inside. Stone liked being in the shadows. That cluster aboard the Remus where he had to reveal too much to Stryder and Falks made him feel like the months of work he had already done were being flushed down the head.

Stone approached the nearest comm panel and activated it "Mr. Grey, please get the Ghost underway to our rendezvous; best possible speed. We shouldn't be any later than can be helped. Mr. White, make the necessary notifications to our...host."

Stone made his way to his quarters. He felt like he needed some sleep, but instead sat as the terminal and review the files he had collected regarding this mission. He still had too many variables in play and felt like the whole thing was beginning to spin out of control.

"Sheppard," he whispered to no one, "what the hell are you up to?"

_______

Stone stood in a dingy manager's office of a dilapidated shipping warehouse on a moon in a system near the Empire's border. The moon had once been a thriving way point for a robust shipping company that had apparently suddenly gone out of business nearly 100 years before. He swished the whiskey around the glass in his hand.

"How are things progressing?" asked Stone
"Slowly, maybe a couple of days late, but still on track" came the gravelly reply.
"No surprises or detours...like an altercation near the Empire border involving a vessel named Grand Serinity?"
The man gave a wicked smile and shuffled a bit nervously "I have no idea what you are talking about Colonel"
"I think you do. Somebody used a neutron beam to hamper that ship and unless my records are sorely outdated, you, are the only person I know who might still be using neutron beams."

After a heavy sigh, "It's not really our fault. Callaway was running some tests and they just popped into the system. He had to disable them in order to get away without being found out. We still require some secrecy don't we!" said the man gruffly.
"Be more careful. Tell Callaway to stand down and disappear. We will have to get Weston to pick up the slack. See to it please, or are you not up to the task?"
With rising ire the man replied "Consider it done Colonel and you should also consider that I am not one of your pawns to manipulate across the chessboard. I am your partner in this. I notified the USF and invited you to come in. You should show me some respect!" spat the man.

"And I am the one with the resources to complete this mission and still avoid a war that would destroy millions of lives. You need to stick to the plan and clear ANY deviations with ME!! Now you have your tasks and I have mine. Get busy" growled Stone who then gulped down his whiskey and walked out of the office.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of The Heart of Remus   Adventures of The Heart of Remus Empty

Back to top Go down

Adventures of The Heart of Remus
Page 1 of 1