Samurai House
Please provide login details for the Samurai House.
Samurai House
Please provide login details for the Samurai House.
Samurai House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Samurai House. We hope you enjoy your stay

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DRAGONS AND BANDITS

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jumper11550
Kenin
Kenin
Jumper11550

DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 10:49 pm

Jumper also readied his bow and began to fire at the dragon. he was grateful Tenkazu had put him through such rigourous training, it was paying off.

Quadelmass seemed confused as Jumper began to disappear and reappear elsewhere, stopping briefly to fire a few more arrows up into his not so heavily armoured belly. Once out of arrows, Jumper drew is sword and moved towards Tenkazu knowing the two of them would fight better in tandem than alone
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 3:46 pm

Stone hopped up on a large rock and began to notch his last two arrows. He was going to send them both at once. He took a second to look around and try to find Stryder, but he took too long. Just as he turned back to the dragon, the beast's massive tail struck him broadside and sent him tumbling head or tails into a nearby bramble thicket.

Stone lay in the brambles for just a few seconds, but the thousands of tiny poking brambles made it feel longer. He jumped up and ran back to his weapon. He picked up his bow and one arrow. Taking careful aim he let loose a missle towards the dragon's head, just behind it's left ear.

Before he arrow landed, and before Stone began to move, the dragon once again whipped it's mighty tail into Stone and sent him sailing into a pile of small shale. Stone hit hard and knew that he bruise would not be a pretty one, but took satisfaction in his effort as he heard the Dragon growl as if in a yell. The arrow had found it's mark.
Back to top Go down
https://sevensamurai.rpg-board.net
Jumper11550
Kenin
Kenin
Jumper11550

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 am

Having reached Tenkazu Jumper attempted to follow his masters intricate dance of death with the Dragon, which was not easy. After a few minutes Jumper realized that as he fought Tenkazu was not only leading their delicate waltz, but was compensating for the disparity in their skill levels. The Dragon became enraged at its inability to inflict lasting harm on either of the men but the activity was a taxing one and The pair soon found themselves pushed to the brink of their endurance, just to stay alive.

Tenkazu in a strained voice, asked Jumper for something that almost made Jumper forget to dodge, Quaddlemass' next attack

"Throw me," Tenkazu requested
"What?!?!" Jumper replied confused, "You want me to what?"
"To throw me, i want you to throw me, i know it sounds crazy but you can do it, think of your training"
"throw you where?"
Jumper thought about it for a moment and knew his master was a man of courage and honor, a man to be trusted so Jumper would trust.

"throw you where?"
"At its head i need to get close to its head!"

He summoned up what felt like all the strength he had left Jumper grabbed Tenkazu and threw with all his might, to his surprise Tenkazu flew through the air with surprising grace, and deftly landed on the dragon's head...
Back to top Go down
Bob Stryder
Admin
Admin
Bob Stryder

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 5:15 am

Stryder had taken a knock from Quaddlemass quite early on. The huge dragon had spotted him running in with his sword raised and with a negligent kick from one hind leg had sent him sailing through the wall of a hut, leaving him in a pile of broken furniture.
It took Stryder a few minutes to get his breath back and stop seeing double. He staggered to his feet and moved to the hole in the wall.

He saw Stone get thrown into the pile of shale and lay motionless.
He saw Tenkazu get thrown onto the dragons head.
He saw the dragon, distracted, begin to thrash around to get Tenkazu off.
He saw his chance. The dragon would have to be distracted again so that Tenkazu could do whatever he had in mind. Shaking off the lethargy that threatened to overcome him, he ran out of the hut, vaulted the fence and pounded toward the dragon. As he ran he drew his sword and spoke the incantation that would bring it to life. As he approached the dragon he finished the spell and his sword caught fire, from helm to tip, a bright blue flame.

The dragon saw the flame, but it was too late. Stryder swung the flaming sword towards the dragons foreleg, as hard as he could. It almost went right through the dragons leg, just a few tendons holding it dangling just below the shoulder. Blood sprayed, the sword hissed and the dragon screamed in pain.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb3FJdRk-tI
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 6:54 pm

Tenkazu clung to the dragons horns as it thrashed around suddenly the dragon reeled back and Tenkazu was able to get his foot onto an Arrow that was lodged behind its ear. With new found stability He drew Indigo from his back and drove the mighty blade into the beasts ear. It lurched back and tried to swat him of with its ruined leg failing that the Dragon shot upwards into the sky the force was such that Tenkazu lost his footing and Indigo slowly began to slide out of the monsters ear.

Tenkazu gulped hard as the Sword came free...

'Every thing looks small from up here' he thought as he hurtled toward the ground.
The Phoenix sang louder, Tenkazu hummed along with the tune.
'If only others could hear this tune... its so peaceful' he thought
He looked toward the retreating Dragon "I call this a draw Quaddlemass" he said as he began to laugh

He let go of Indigo and closed his eyes and silently listened to the music of the Phoenix...

Splat!

Tenkazu opened his eye's he had landed face down in wet mud "What the?"
He began to laugh
"What's so funny" said Stryder
"I thought the last thing that would pass through my mind would be my arse" He replied
"It seems you have luck on your side my friend"
"No not luck just damn fine equipment"
He stood up and picked up Indigo that had landed point first in the mud.

No body knew how Tenkazu came to posses his Daisho not even Tenkazu himself knew but it is said that after a particular fierce battle he stumbled upon the blades after wandering dazed and confused into a nearby wood where he passed out when he awoke from an odd dream there they were however Tenkazu has no recollection of this event nor can he recollect the exact time he found them. All that is known about the Blades is that they are powerful and have a magnitude of powers and Ability's that manifest them selves when they are most needed and in such times when Tenkazu is in the greatest of peril.

Tenkazu's own research into the Blades leaves him to believe that they are possessed by three spirits and are in their own right sentient. Phoenix a Katana is possessed by the spirit of a woman of the now destroyed clan Phoenix who sang the most beautiful melodies, Indigo a Dai-Katana is possessed by the spirit of a Tengu who was known for his strength and his vibrant indigo feathers and Kaze a wakizashi is possessed by the spirit of a Ki-Rin who could command the wind.

Tenkazu did his best to wipe away some of the mud but gave up.

He turned to Stryder and said "It's not dead we must finish it off"...
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 7:31 pm

Stone had righted himself in time to see Tenkazu take a mud bath and then caught a last glimpse of the dragon.

He moved over to where Helix and Stryder stood and said "AW Man! Pew, did you have to land in the Foul Smelling Mud. Sheeesh." said Stone as he waved his hand in front of his nose.

"Hey anyways, looks like Quaddlemass landed just over the ridge. If we can get some horses, we should be there by midnight. Of course that means fighting a wounded dragon in it's own lair........which is almost like committing suicide. But the faster we get to it, the better off we will be...."
Back to top Go down
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 1:54 pm

Tenkazu looked at Stone "are you mad?... We should rest up for the night and go at first light" he said.

Tenkazu returned to Stryder's boat and grabbed his pack and then went to the inn where the maid had offered to clean his clothes.

'In the morning they would get some Horses and ride to the dragons den, slay the Dragon and revenge would be met!' he thought.

He lay down on the bed and closed his eye's and fell into a deep restless sleep...
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:32 pm

Stone was restless. He felt they should be heading up the mountain to attack the dragon before it had too much time to rest. Eventually he got up, gathered his weapons into his bag, found a horse and headed up the mountain on his own.

The trip took several hours at a steady pace, but not too hard. No reason to work the horse when he would have to wait for the other anyways. The moon was out and it was bright.

Stone entered the small village. Mistress Yamaguchi's village. The niece of his former master. Stone made his way to the village square, knowing there would be a tavern close. Stone dismounted and walked the horse down the middle of the street, if you could call it a street, until he reached the square. Since the village was smaller than most, so was the square. It held only 3 or 4 trees, 4 benches with tables, and a well. Not the pump kind, but the kind with a rope and a bucket. He looked around and finally found the small banner for the tavern on the far side of the square.

He tied his horse off at the stable and made his way to the tavern, The Dragons Well. "How fitting" thought Stone. He entered the tavern and made his way to the bar. He ordered a drink and began to look around. He turned back to the bartender and asked "Pardon me, do you know where Mistress Yamaguchi lives. I used to work for her uncle and wish to pay my regards to here as I pass through this area" The bartender replied that he know nobody by that name.

A flash of grey caught Stones eye. He whipped his head around to look at the back door and saw nothing. But, being curious, he headed out that way anyway. Stepping out the back door of the tavern he looked left and right and and all was quiet. He decided to to head to the main street. Just as he cleared the corner of the building something very heavy struck him on the back of his head.

Everything turned to black and Stone fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes.
Back to top Go down
Jumper11550
Kenin
Kenin
Jumper11550

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 2:04 pm

Jumper had watched Stone ride off into the distance and debated whether it would be worth following him, after about an hour Jumper decided that perhaps the old man could use some help. So he gathered his things, making sure to aquire more arrows and set out after Stone. The trail was not hard to follow and Jumper reached a small village making good time. He moved down the small settlement until reaching the square and saw Stone's horse tied at the stable. Jumper likewise tied his horse at the stable and moved towards the tavern. Surely if Stone was here thats where he'd be. As Jumper approached the Tavern he noticed that a set of footprints that could only be Stone's coming out of the tavern and around the corner.

He un-sheathed his sword and cautiously moved forward to peer around the corner. Just as he did he heard a noise and reacting swiftly dodged out of the way. within a few deft steps Jumper had disarmed the clumsy man and had him at sword point.

"Why did you attack me?"

"i shall tell you nothing! you and your friend are not welcome here."

"what friend i came alone?"

"your friend that arrived earlier, although he was much easier to bludgeon than you."

"bludgeoning innocent travelers now now this must stop, where is he so we can go make things right."

"do you think me a fool, i will not show you where your friend is."

At this point Jumper was almost certain the man was refering to Stone. Growing exasperated Jumper rendered the man unconcious and dragged him unceremoniously into the bar where a very shocked looking bartender, almost quivered.

"You barkeep, tell his friends if they know whats good for them they won't come looking for a fight."

Jumper then sat in the darkest corner he could and murmured a quick incantation Tenkazu had taught him.

Suddenly Tenkazu sat bolt upright...something was wrong...

Jumper finishing his incantation relaxed and ordered a drink. He desperately hoped these ruffians or whoever they worked for knew what they were getting themselves into when Stone woke up.
Back to top Go down
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 3:26 pm

Tenkazu rushed down stairs to get his clothes from the maid but they were still wet. "Damn it" he said as he returned to his room while shouting for Stryder to get up.

When Tenkazu emerged from his room moments later he was dressed like a lord in full battle armour.

His armour was dark green and made from Iron and Bamboo with a light green silk underlay with the Mirimotto crest emblazoned in gold and silver on the chest.

"Not very inconspicuous" said Stryder
"No but then something is wrong I just got a signal from Jumper"
"Oh?"
"Yes don't know what's wrong yet but I know he needs us"

After gathering up their things Stryder and Tenkazu set out for the village...
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 7:11 pm

Stone awoke to a bucket of water in his face. Sputtering he tried to wipe his face and found his hands tied at his back to the chair he was sitting in. The room was dark, but Stone could hear several people moving about. A large man stepped into the light.

He wore the clothes of a landowner, but Stone could see he did not carry himself as a landowner would. This man, while obviously carried some authority, was never born to it. Stone knew he had taken any authority he carried, he had ripped it out of anothers hands and claimed it as his own.

He looked angry. Bored and angry; and he looked directly at Stone. "Where are your friends Stone?" he asked.
"What friends?" said Stone still feeling the headache from being knocked on the head.

Stone's response was met with a stiff backhand across his face. "Where are your friends?" repeated the man. Stone leaned as close to the man as he could and said "And I said 'What friends'"
The man brought a closed fist across Stone's jaw, knocking the chair over backwards. Two cronies jumped forward and sat the chair back up.
"Just so we are clear, everytime you lie or evade a question, I will punish you. Now, where are your friends?" The whole time the man was talking, Stone studies his face closely, to make sure he remembered if for later.

"I don't understand, what friends would you be speaking of?" said Stone

The man raised his hand and struck Stone a third time; his ring cutting Stone on the cheek. Suddenly a man stepped into the light and whispered something in the man ear.

"And he is alone?" asked the man. The messenger nodded yes. "Let's go" said the man. Turning to one of the men behind Stone he said "You, watch him, but don't kill him, unless you have to".

Two minutes later, the room was empty and Stone sat, with his hands tied behind his back and a guard watching him.
Back to top Go down
Jumper11550
Kenin
Kenin
Jumper11550

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 6:24 am

Jumper was really beginning to wonder if this had been a good idea. The man he had beat senseless earlier had awoken some time ago and ran outside the tavern.

It had been several hours since Jumper had sat down, and despite all Tenkazu had done to train him patience was not one of Jumper's strong suits...

Jumper decided to go check on his horse and paid the bartender, who had refused to even look at Jumper since Jumper had arrived, for his food and walked outside. As he exited the tavern he was startled, though not surprised to see a very large group of men approaching from across the town square. "Great" he thought. He started walking toward the stable to check on his horse when the largest of the men, A landowner from the look of his clothes, yelled, "You are not the one I wanted but you will do."

"what do you mean?" Jumper replied the man said, "oh you know what i mean, Get him!!"
The posse of thugs lunged as one towards Jumper.

"Insert explicative here" ran through Jumper's head

Then the dance known as battle Jumper had grown to know and cherish began to take Jumper in its cold fingers. Three men lay dead before the rest were even close enough to reach Jumper. Then the bow was forgotten, and the swords began to sing the duet that accompanies the death of so many...The battle waged, Jumper spun to the left blocked one sword from above and jumped over one from below, grabbed a man by the collar and threw him across the square. Then Jumper began to dance faster and faster, before long the ruffians could not follow his movement. Several ran off into the town. Jumper dispatched one man and dashed faster than the blink of an eye across the square to kill the last two of the men, suddenly his sword was no longer singing, the music faded, the dance was over. Tenkazu was holding his sword out blocking Jumpers final blow from entering Stryder's stomach

As jumper felt the fatigue take him he asked Tenkazu how long they had been watching.

"Long enough to know not to interfere"
"where did the big man go, the landowner?"
"What land owner?" Stryder piped up.
"He must have run before you arrived"

"they have Stone, i don't know how or where but they knew i knew him and they said something about wanting one of his friends and i wasn't it, but i would do..."
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 8:39 pm

"Well, it's not like this is a big village. There can't be too many places to hide him" said Stryder. "Lets start at this end of town and just sweep through"

"Agreed" said Tenkazu. The three turned to go to the edge of town and start the sweep when an explosion rocked the village.

Tenkazu, Stryder and Jumper looked at each other. Finally Stryder said "Or, we could just start there" The three men moved toward the location of the explosion, walking over the bodies of the dead men that lay in the square. Before they could get all the way across the square Stone appeared at the other side and stopped, staring at the bodies.

"Stone, are you alright" asked Tenkazu.
"I am fine" said Stone searching the bodies with his eyes. "Did you kill them all?" he said as he looked at the three men.

"Not all" said Jumper. "I believe their leader managed to escape"
"Good!" nodded Stone. "I have unfinished business with that one. I need to find Kiecho Yamaguchi, but I am not sure where she lives. Lets go to the tavern/restaruant/whatever it is." said Stone as he moved off toward the tavern.

Upon entering the tavern, Stone strode directly to the bar and asked the bartender where Miss Yamaguchi lived. The bartender said he did not know what Stone was talkign about. That is when the bartender found his face mashed into the bar. Jumper, Tenkazu and Stryder ensured the customers were kept at bay until Stone found the infomation he wanted.

"Now," he whispered into the barkeeps ear "where is the Yamaguchi house"
"It's just up the street. The large white one" cried the pinned man.
"You mean the one with the two out buildings, large flower garden, and the white wall surrounding the complex"
"Yes, that is the one"

Stone released the man and the dragon slayers stepped out of the tavern. "Well, this is a problem then mates" said Stone. "Cause that is the house I just blew up"
Back to top Go down
Bob Stryder
Admin
Admin
Bob Stryder

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 12:55 pm

"The house you just blew up?" rumbled Stryder. Stone nodded.
"Uh-huh. I don't suppose you'd care to tell us why you felt that detonating a building was the best way to escape?"
"Not right now, no. We need to find Kiecho Yamaguchi and quickly."
"I'd say that searching through the remains of her home would be a good place to start." suggested Jumper. Stone nodded again and the two of them started up the street towards the pillar of smoke that signified the remains of the building. Tenkazu and Stryder looked at each other, Tenkazu shrugged, Stryder rolled his eyes and then they followed the other two up the street.

They got to the complex and noted that the top floor of the main building was gone, but the ground floor was still there, albeit on fire. One of the out buildings had completely gone and the other was a bit scorched, but otherwise ok.
"I'll go in here." said Stryder, indicating the still standing outbuilding. He checked the door. It was locked from the inside. He walked round the building but found no windows. He jumped onto a rain barrel, grabbed onto the eaves of the roof and hauled himself up. The roof was flat with washing lines strung across but no clothes. There was a hatch over in one corner so he moved softly over to it and put his ear to it.

Nothing.

Then, something moved. A slight shuffling, scratching. A rat, maybe? Or someone shifting their weight. Stryder decided to open the hatch a small way and have a look. Darkness. Movement! Sudden and deliberate towards his face. He moved but not quite quick enough and the sword blade that shot through the gap in the hatch just caught his ear. Nothing serious but it hurt. He managed to get his foot on the blade so the attacker couldn't pull it back. With his left hand he ripped open the hatch and his attacker yelled and tried to jump up through the hole. With his right hand Stryder drove a punch down straight onto the attackers nose before he was halfway up. Blood exploded out the mans nostrils and he fell back inside.

Stryder stood up, put two fingers in his mouth and whistled. Stones head popped up from the main building.
"I've found someone." called Stryder.
"Is it the landowner?" asked Stone.
"I've no idea, I've never seen him."

Stone and Jumper made their way over.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb3FJdRk-tI
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 2:32 pm

Tenkazu decided to look around the remains of the building every thing was scorched or burning he had already doused the flames as best he could with a few water spells and brought the largest of the infernos to a smoulder with a few fire control spells he heard Stryder shout from outside and was about to rush over but Stone and Jumper had already started moving he figured they could handle what ever it was.

He sat down on a stool that had survived the flames his mind began to wonder the house reminded him of his father and the night he found him dead, he looked down at the crest on his armour and ran his figure over the grooves.

"Mirimotto" he said to himself "That name was both respected and feared... now... now it means almost nothing"

Out of the corner of his eye he saw something coming toward him so he rolled forward off the stool in time to avoid a would be fatal blow and came up to his feet with Indigo in hand.

Stood before him was a woman holding a Naginata she held it awkwardly and looked frightened.

"Are you Lady Yamaguchi?" he said

Before the woman could answer a brute of a man burst through the remains of the front door and she turned and ran in the opposite direction toward Stone and Jumper.

Tenkazu turned to face the man.

"Don't you people ever knock" he said
"I own this house and this town" said the Brute
"Good then I have some complaints first off I find the the towns Mayor to be of poor quality and dressed in a manner that would suggest he has spent the last several years of his life sleeping with pigs second I find the town militia to be no better than a band of scruffy looking bandits that can't even stop one warrior from slaying them all"
"Your a dead man!" shouted the Brute
"Wait I'm not finished"
The brute attacked...

The Brute's blows were heavy but slow Tenkazu could kill him in a heart beat and so he did.

The Brute swung heavily for Tenkazu's head but missed due to the fact Tenkazu was no longer standing in the same place he was by the time the blow got to where he had been directly behind his aggressor. With a swift and easy slice the Brutes head rolled off his shoulders and dropped to the floor.

He looked to his left where a small contingent of towns people had gathered looking at him in awe,

"Who are you?" said one of the men
"I am Tenkazu Mirimotto" he replied
"Lord Mirimotto there are more bandits at the town hall will you defeat them also?"
"Lead on good sir"

Tenkazu followed the Town's people to the Hall there was indeed more bandits there...
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 8:05 pm

Stone glanced over when he saw a woman walking towards himself and Jumper. It was then he saw Tenkazu fighting with a rather large man. He began to move that way when Tenkazu ended the battle by removing the mans head from his shoulders.

As Stone continued he watched Tenkazu follow some villagers down the street. Stone stopped at the body and looked down. The man wore the garb of the local landowners. Stone reached down and picked up the lifeless head. He turned the head to see it's face. Stone studied the face and finally decided this was not the man that 'interrogated' him. Turning back to see the woman sitting on the ground and crying, Stone dropped the head to the ground and approached the woman.

"Miss, are you Kiecho Yamaguchi?" he asked sternly. The woman did not reply, but just sat there crying. Stone sighed heavily and then softened a bit. "Are you Kiecho?" he asked again.

The woman, still sobbing, managed to get out "No. I am Zama. Housemaid here. I work for Mistress Yamaguchi" Stone nodded, set his jaw again, and strode to Jumper's side. "Stryder, you may want to come off the building. Jumper, take that side of the doors, I have this side. Strike it on 3."

Stone counted and both he and Jumper sliced through the hinges on the doors. To his surprise, the doors did not fall until he struck them. They fell inward and crashed tot he ground with a loud bang. "Jumper, you might want to check on Tenkazu. Stryder, be ready in case I need you please." said Stone.

Stone walked into the shed and noticed a single figure moving in the shadows. "It will be worse if you make me come find you. If you come out, I may let you live."
Back to top Go down
VonEhrhardt
Kenin
Kenin
VonEhrhardt

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 8:51 pm

"So this is where I am."

He was talking to a tree. The young man was was of a average proportions, if slightly skinnier than most. His conversation with the tree continued.

"Of course you could have told me if I had asked! I just like to figure these things out for myself!"

Just passing him in the street or elsewhere in public, he would seem like a perfectly normal indiviual.

"What a queer place, I wonder how I got here?"

It is only when he opens his mouth that you realise that their is something wrong with him. Or, if you got his take on it, then there was something totally right with him and wrong with YOU.

"Well Tree, I thank you for your unsolicited advice, but I really need to do something about being here and work on being there. And, no, I do NOT know where There is."

His clothes were unremarkable, except that he was one:wearing any, as he many times does not remeber or care to put some on, a all to often recurrring phase in wich he proposes to start a nudist colony with all who would join, and two:that he had the armor of a warrior, something his slight and wiry looking tends to belay. He even carried some weapons, a truly dangerous idea, of a long bow and quaivier, mace and small triangular shield.

"You know Tree, this chain mail itches, and pinches!"

It was then, in the not-to-distant distance he heard the explosion.

"Well, that's where There is Tree. Guess that's where I need to be."

The young man then set off in the direction of the smoke that was now billowing into the night. Behind him, the terrified Tree swayed in a light evening brezze, sighing in relief now that the lunatic was gone.
Back to top Go down
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 9:52 am

The Towns people gathered in front of the building at a distance the town hall was fairly big and most of the bandits outside had spears this could prove difficult despite Indigo and its size.

The bandits formed up this lot were organized they were more than likely ex-soldiers.

"I am Lord Tenkazu Mirimotto surrender now or prepare to die" he shouted which was met with a chorus of laughter from the bandits.

A Bandit holding a Kau Sin Ke stepped forward "I am Kitsu Yammhara slayer of 1000 men leave here or die"
"Ah a counter offer... im afraid I can't do that, you see I don't like bandits and it is my intention to wipe out every last bandit in this Town."
"Then you Choose death" shouted Kitsu as he charged toward Tenkazu.

Tenkazu dived sideways as the Kun Sin Ke shot strait toward him but he quickly recovered in time to avoid a second strike the a third and a forth "this is getting me nowhere" he thought "I need to get some distance and dispatch him with a spell"

Tenkazu drew Indigo and did the unexpected, He charged strait for the bandits outside the hall. they all bunched up to receive the charge but dumbfounded when Tenkazu Jumped onto the end of one of their spears and ran down it and cut three of them dead with one strike the remaining bandits scuffled back and forth trying to stab him but with little efficiency.

He saw his chance after jumping up and allowing two bandits to skewer one another, He said a short incantation and pointed at Kitsu who was now running to join the fray, a small bead of fire shot from his finger tip and hit Kitsu in the the chest then erupted into a 60 foot wide sphere of fire which engulfed the entrance to the hall including Tenkazu and the bandits.

The sphere burned for a few seconds the vanished leaving a black scorch mark on the ground the only one standing was Tenkazu who was unaffected by his own spell the Towns people cheered and Tenkazu bowed then turned and entered the building.

Tenkazu stood in the anti-chamber and looked around ahead of him was a set of double doors to his left was a single door and to he right there were two doors with a picture of a man on one and a picture of a woman on the other.

He looked at the door to his left and tried to open it but it was locked "hmm the double doors it is then" he said.

He pushed open the doors and surveyed the hall there were 2 score of bandits here a large rugged looking landowner and a beautify woman.

"I am Tenkazu Mirimotto surrender or die"...
Back to top Go down
Jumper11550
Kenin
Kenin
Jumper11550

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 10:57 am

Jumper reached the villagers that had led Tenkazu to the Town hall and asked then where Tenkazu had gone. They told Jumper that he was inside but that he was very skilled and Jumper would not be able to defeat him. Jumper snorted, defeat him I'm going to help him and dashed inside, pausing briefly he moved to the double doors and caught Tenkazu in an all to familiar stance.

The beautiful woman and Landowner both seemed shocked at Jumper's sudden appearance, then Jumper remembered that most normal folk do startle when he makes such a quick entrance.

The Landowner suddenly realized that Jumper had been the same man who had defeated his personal guard just minutes earlier in the town square.

"Tenkazu, that is the landowner that took Stone and tried to kill me."

Tenkazu stiffened at the news and his eyes became even more like ice as he focused on the Bandits

The landowner began to stutter when the Woman cut in, you fools don't just stand there Get them!!

"Tenkazu, may i have this dance?" Jumper quipped as he drew his sword and the pair began to move in unison...
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 1:15 pm

Stone waited impatiently. "If you make me wait too much longer I will take all my frustrations out on you!" he shouted.

Finally a timid man crawled from the shadows "I beg you sir. Do not attack me" he pleaded. Stone looked at the mans tattered clothes recognizing the victim of an attack. The man kept his head down but put his hands up begging for mercy.

Stone saw the calloused hands and knew this man was unaccostumed to leisure. This quivering pile of flesh was a laborer. "Who are you?" growled Stone.

"I am but a humble servant sir. I tend the gardens here, and several other homes in the village" the man replied quickly. "Why did you lock yourself in this shed and try to hide?" asked Stone.

"You are one of them. I was afraid" admitted the man. "One of whom old man?"
"The criminals who have taken over the town." explained the man.
"I am not one of them. I came here to stop them. What is your name?" said Stone.
"I do not know. I was orphaned. I am known as Gardner" said the man.
"Get up. Go about your business." said Stone. Stone left the shed and asked Stryder "Where shall we find Tenkazu and Jumper?"

"Toward the middle of town" said Stryder as the two began to move in that direction. A very short time later, they found the crowd of people nearly surrounding the hall. They also noticed the stench of burnt flesh.

"I'll bet he is in there" intoned Stryder as he pointed to the building. Once inside, they heard swordplay on the other side of the double doors. Moving through with swords drawn, the saw Tenkazu and Jumper locked in combat with a large group of bandits.

"Shall we join them?" said Stone.
"Go ahead. The last time Jumper was dancing around like that he almost stabbed me with his sword. I think I will wait till it all calms down."
"That sounds like an excellent plan" agreed Stone.
Back to top Go down
VonEhrhardt
Kenin
Kenin
VonEhrhardt

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 11:25 pm

"Hmm, what a pretty place" the young man intoned to no one in particular.

He had walked only a short distance until he found the town of the explosion and the house that was the victim of it.

"Now, to see what has happened here....Ah ha! You Sir, will do!"

The sir in question was a man wanderig the grounds, looking despairingly at the destruction to the gardens and home. Hearing the young mans voice however, brought him out of his stupor and into a quivering form of flesh, leaving him rooted to the spot. 'How rude' thought the young man, as he quickly realised that he was going to have to go froward for any form of communication to proceed, at least out side of shouting, wich he wasn't all that fond of.

"Soooo, what happened around here good Sir?"
The older man just stared at him, and more importantly his weapons, in a stupid silenece.
"Uh, hello? Anyone home? Are you OK?"
Finally the older one relaxed a bit, deciding that this one wasn't a bandit.
"Are you with them?" He asked finally.
"Them who?"
"The who rescued me and are clearing the town of bandits."
"Bandits!?!? Where!?!?" Alarmed, the young man pulled forth his mace and ran forth, kicking the head of a decapitated man a few feet away.
"Take that! Wasn't much of a bandit though. Oh, wait, he was already dead. Huh, and hear I thought he was sleeping. Anywho, would you mind filling in the blanks here?"
The older man, after some prodding to get him of another stupor brought on by young mans quick change, quickly explained the sitiuation, ending with directions to where the two men who had rescued him had gone.
With a quick thanks, the young man trotted off to the middle of town and the town hall, where all the towns pepole had seemed to have shown up.
He made quick work moving through the crowd and inside, as most pepole just ingnored him anyways, arriving to see the spectacle in the anti chamber.
"Wow, this is something." He watched as two warriors quickly tore through the ranks of a bandit group, woring their way twoard a well dressed man and women. That's when he noticed the two men outsied the fray, well armed and waiting it seemed, for something.
"I know what their waiting for! They want to get a jump on those two guy's over there! They just waiting for them to tire out and then WHAM, downed from behind. Well, I'm here to help them so help them I shall."

Drawing his mace and readying his shield, he quietly approached the smaller of the two, and as he said a moment ago, WHAM, downed form behind(just hard enough to put him to "sleep"). This of course attracted the attention of the bigger man, who without a thought it seemed, had drawn his sword and swung, striking a mighty blow to the young mans shield, staggering him. Before he could recover, the larger man slammed him into a wall, raising his sword to finish him off.

"Wait! Don't do it! I'm to pretty to die!" the young man shouted, and quickly squeezed his eyes shut.The larger man curled his lips in contempt, and decided to spare him, but decided also to knock him out, so he wouldn't be a bother. He reversed his blade and drew back his arm, and then dropped it again. The young man had fainted....
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 12:37 pm

From seemingly nowhere an odd skinny little man jumped at and attacked Stryder, sending him to the floor. The man drew back to hit Stone, but Stone already had his blade out and pushed the man up against the wall, ready to strike; but to his displeasure, the man fainted.

Scooping him up, Stone carried the man outside and asked the villagers for some rope. One of the villagers ran to a nearby shack and brought Stone some rope, who then bound this odd man's hands and feet. He also tied the man to one of the pillars in front of the hall.

Looking to the villagers Stone said "Make sure he doesn't move" and then he returned inside to the hall.

Stryder was standing back up rubbing his head and said "What was that?" Stone said "I'm not sure, but we can deal with it later"

Looking to Tenkazu and Jumper, Stone saw that they had nearly finished off the dozens of warriors in the hall. The well dressed man and woman at the head of the hall seemed to be getting worried.

"I think we should head that way" said Stone to Stryder. Stone began to march up the center aisle toward the front of the hall; directly toward the man who had "interrogated" him earlier.
Back to top Go down
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Tenkazu and Jumper had already made several revolutions of the room the two men seemed to find rhythm when fighting along side one another 'perhaps it is our training' thought Tenkazu, all the time Phoenix sang to him. his steps were in time with the music and Jumpers in time with his.

Tenkazu was partially aware of Stone striding down the centre aisle as a few more bandits filed into the room and Stryder wasted no time getting in on the action.

Moments later Jumper and Tenkazu were at his side and in near perfect harmony the three warriors began their dance of death.

The bandits lay dead upon the floor of the hall and Tenkazu pulled Phoenix from the body of a bandit and wiped the perfect blade clean as Jumper and Stryder began to line up the dead along the wall, all the while humming an all to familiar tune.

"That song... where have you heard it?" asked Tenkazu to his two companions.
The two men looked at each other.
"Its stopped now" said Stryder
"Yes... It was playing through out the battle... did you not hear it cousin?"
"Yes I hear it every time I do battle... Phoenix" he said holding the sword up "sings it to me"
Stryder looked at the blade "You have a singing sword?"

===============================================================================

600 miles away beyond the great plains and across the lake Stengsu* stood the Imperial city, its grandeur was such that only the heavens could surpass it's magnificences. with in the city stood the Imperial Palace a building just as impressive as the city itself.

Lord Kanon Tachibana stood gazing out the window he was the youngest of the three brothers and was just a babe when his family ended the Mirimotto but he had read all he could on that war every thing about it intrigued him.

"Lady Seska tell me what was Lord Tenkazu like? my brothers say he was a beast of a man who stood ten feet tall and looked like a Oni" he said innocently.
Seska laughed "He is no oni and nor was he ten feet tall... however he did fight like a man possessed" she said as she closed her book and stood up to join the young man by the window.
"really?"
"Tenkazu Mirimotto was once a kind and generous man with the warriors skill to match it have you not looked in the great archive to discover more about him?" she said softly
"Yes? but I was told you knew him"
"I did and he tried to woo me with sweet words he was a bit of a ladies man to tell the truth... of course i didn't fall for him"
"Your eyes tell a different story my lady" Kanon said with a smile
"Perhaps but that was then... personally I always had a thing for Lord Stryder but that my boy is a tale for another day" she said as she kissed him on the temple "I must take my leave Kanon perhaps you should talk to master Mitsunari he also knew Tenkazu"

Kanon watched the woman leave she was allot older than him but the soft touch of her lips and her timeless beauty made him long for her to stay he loved her but had wisdom to know she did not share his love. She was a captive of his family and had been since the war yet he did not know why.

He turned and looked out the window again 'I wish i could meet Tenkazu and Stryder' he thought before turning and heading out to find Master Mitsunari...

* Stengsu is pronounced Seng-su
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 7:31 pm

Stone slipped a 12 inch daggar out before he reached the couple at the front of the hall. In a smooth motion he pushed the man back against the wall and pinned him there with the blade against his throat. The female screamed.

"Tell me one good reason why I should spare your life" spat Stone. The man said nothing but just stared at Stone. The woman continued to scream and cry.

"Perhaps this will loosen your tongue" said Stone as he punched the man several time about the head and chest finally pinning him once again up to the wall. The woman continued to scream and eventually Stone became aware she was hitting his shoulder and trying to pull his arm away.

Finally he looked at her. She was pleading for this scum's life. Begging him not to kill him. Stone pushed against the man harder to ensure he was stuck on the wall and looked at the woman's face. Realization began to grab ahold of his mind as winter's cold hand grips the mountainside. This was Kiecho Yamaguchi. Stone pulled his arm back and struck the man hard, sending him falling to the floor in an awkward sprawl. "Stay on the floor if you hope to any chance to live" ordered Stone.

Turning to Kiecho, Stone said "Kiecho?" The woman nodded. "Why, Kiecho, are you pleading for the life of a beast. Why do you cry over the monster you asked me to save you from?" asked Stone.

Kiecho Yamaguchi stood but kept her head down and explained "I did summon you here. But I decieved you. Yonshi led the bandits. They oppressed my village and held me prisoner in my own house. But soon, Yonshi and I began to speak and learn about the other and eventually fell in love."

Stone interrupted and bellowed "Fell in love. With that pile of trash, what are you thinking Kiecho"
Kiecho continued "Please Master Stone, I cannot explain, it just is. I wish to be with Yonshi. We decided to convince you to come here when the dragon began to raid the area. No one was safe and even Yonshi's men were no match for a dragon. I remembered you from my visits to my uncles home. I knew you would know how to stop the dragon. Yonshi thought you would not kill the dragon if you knew he was attempting to control the villages in the area. That is why he took you prisoner, to force your friends to kill the dragon." Kiecho began to sob again. "I have shamed the Yamaguchi name" she said as she put her face into her hands.

Stone stood and stared at the sobbing young woman for a few minutes. He turned and walked down the center aisle. He managed to avoid the swords being swung by his friends. As he got to the door, he had to drive his dagger into a mean looking ruffian who tried to block his way. The man fell over and was dead before he hit the floor. Exiting the building Stone called out "I need to speak to the village elder/mayor/chieftain. Who is in charge here?"

A grey haired man stepped forward. He bowed his head in reverence and carried himself meekly in front of Stone. "Stand up" ordered Stone. "I need your assistance inside." The man followed Stone back into the building, through the glint of waving steel and back to the front of the hall. Yonshi had sat up but was still attempting to clear his head and Kiecho was by his side.

"Yonshi, tell them to stop and lay down their weapons" said Stone as he indicated the final few bandits fighting in the back of the hall. Yonshi stood and took a step forward. Stone stiffened and glared at the man. Yonshi cleared his throat and shouted "Heihi* Stop. Laydown your weapons. We are finished"

Stone continued to watch Yonshi, but heard the battle die down behind him. "Now, you will turn yourself over to this man. He is the leader here. He will carry out punishment for you, at dictated by their customs." Stone said as he noticed Yonshi stiffen at his words. "It is this, or you will find the point of my sword rupturing your skin. Lay yourself at their feet and hope for mercy, or find certain death at the end of our swords"

Yonshi, after watching nearly friends, family and fellow bandits fall at the hands of these four warriors, decided his chances with the villagers were far better than his chances with the visitors. He resigned himself and sat down, with Kiecho by his side.

*Heihi - Japanese for Bandits
Back to top Go down
VonEhrhardt
Kenin
Kenin
VonEhrhardt

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:02 pm

'Think dead thoughts, think dead thought's' were the first real thought's to go through the young mans head as he surfaced to consciousness. Thinking on that, his next train of thought was 'well, must have fallen asleep. stupid sleeper hold. good nap though.' Feeling more 'awake', he finally decided to open his eyes and see where he was. After a quick look around and check of his self, he wished he hadnt. He has found him self bound and secured to a pillar in front of the building he had just entered and the center of attention of the now angry crowd of people who had so obliviously ignored him before. Not liking the awkward that fell as soon as he was discovered awake, he spoke to the man at the front of the crowd who had the looks of the mobs leader.

"So, whats going on pal?" he asked teneusly.
"You are the prisoner of our saviors, and we were told to watch you until they returned. You are not to move!" The man said the last with gusto and pride, and just a little bit of spite to the younger and tied ones displeasure.
"(Hey, say it don't spray it pal)So, wait, those bandits are your saviors?" He was now a little confused and growing worried, for his gut said he may have made a fatal mistake.
"Ha! 'those bandits'! Don't speak as if you don't know them! You clearly are of the number if you were taken and bound as you are. What a dispicaple wretch you are, to turn on your own like this to save yourself, but I suppose I should have excpected no less from one such as you!"
This last speech recieved many vigorus nods form the crowd and a general scowl to all attending. Noticing the darker turn of the crowd, the young man began to struggle vigorusly against his bounds for about a minute, thrashing around to loosen there hold on him and if need be, hop away. After that minute, sweating visibly and disshevled looking, he looked up at the crowd and realised that was NOT the best answer to his problem and was in fact, propabaly the worst.
"See how he tries to free himself! I say we cut him down and finish him off!"
This came from someone amongst the crowd, along with a few 'Ayes!' The leader however, shook his head.
"We were told to watch, so watch him we shall. He will be taken care of in time." This was followed by a general murmurer of agreement form others of the crowd, different others the young man noticed.
"Ha! You call him a coward and yet you won't raise a hand too make hime pay for his crimes youself! 'Lets leave him to our saviors! They'll take care of him!' I say NO! This is our problem, and though I am thankful forTHEIR help, I say we take care of it form here!" Again a now distinct part of the crowd raised their voices in a cheer of agreement and seperated from the others, making a menacing miove tworads the young man.
"Hey guys, let's not be hasty now..."
"I SAID NO! If we did as you say, then we would become no more than they!" For emphasis, he pointed at the young man. The now right side of the the crowd yelled their agreement, joined heartly by the young man. The two sided crowd drew into more ditinct groups. The left side began to shout insults at the right, calling them cowards and weak. The right countered by calling them thugs and savages.
'this is good' thought the now relaxed young man. 'all I have to do is keep them at each other to keep them off me.' Relaxing further, he listened to the arguments and joined in. Now what insued is the young mans ability called 'playing the sides'. Being ignored by most people, he found that when a conversation and argument began, he could join in with what he wanted, a seeming third party in favor of both parties, without ever being found or identiefed. If used properly, it can be used to sway a agrument or, as in this case, incite a riot. Soon both sides had erupted into viloence, merging into a writhing mass of viloenece. 'now that THATS done, I can get out of this'. After 10 minutes of wiggling about, he was able to escape his bonds through his natural flexibility and skinnyness. Once free, he decided to stick around and watch happened next, and fill in the blanks to his information......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

DRAGONS AND BANDITS
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next