Samurai House
Please provide login details for the Samurai House.
Samurai House
Please provide login details for the Samurai House.
Samurai House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Samurai House. We hope you enjoy your stay

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DRAGONS AND BANDITS

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:32 am

Tenkazu made his way out side and walked up beside the young man as he stood and watch the crowd fighting and clapped a hand on his shoulder.

"You what is this all about" he said

The young man just shrugged with a sheepish grin.

Tenkazu frowned and the shouted for them to stop but they did not heed his words

"right then" he said cracking his knuckles

He spoke the words of a spell and pointed above the crowd and two huge pans materialized and promptly clanged together giving off an almighty racket the crowd stopped and looked up then over at Tenkazu and the young man.

"What pray tell is all this commotion about" he boomed with an annoyed frown on his face.

"It was him" said one of the villages pointing at the young man who was about to sneak off.

Tenkazu placed a hand on his shoulder "explain"

The young man explained the events that lead to the villagers violent riot and Tenkazu scowled at the crowed.

"You were told to watch him no less no more... in future you had best to as instructed... now return to your daily task safe in the knowledge that the bandits have been dealt with".

Tenkazu tuned to the young man.

"Who are you and what are you doing here? answer quickly or feel my sword upon you"...
Back to top Go down
VonEhrhardt
Kenin
Kenin
VonEhrhardt

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 1:08 pm

"Who are you and what are you doing here? answer quickly or feel my sword upon you"
'well, I wonder what that would feel like....but I had better not find out, not if I want to see more magic again!' Looking at the man next to him and decided that to give something, you got to get something.
"I will answer your questions to the best of my ability only if you do something for ME. Can you do some more magic? PLEEASE????" The stern look on the man next to him was for a moment shattered by surprise, but after the initial shock of the request and the manner in which it was given, it returned, albeit with a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth as nodded his agreement. Looking out at the now empty courtyard, he spoke the words of a spell he figured would most please this strange young man.
'WOW!' The courtyard had erupted into a beautiful storm of nothing but color, swirling around in a maddened freny like blizzard. "WOW!" He said out loud, and took a step forward to enter the spectacule before him, but was stopped by a hand on his shoulder. Looking back, the young man gazed questioningly at the the sorcerer, only to recieve a stern shake of his head. Disappointed, he turned back to at least watch, only to discover the show had ended. His shoulder released, he went to where the beautiful storm had been, looking around to see where it might have gone. With a look of diaappointment, he scuffed the dirt with his shoe, returned to the side of the sorcerer and sank to a sitting position.
"Well, fair is fair, I got something so I'll give you something."
"Who am I? Good question. Most easily put, I am Me. But that is not what you are looking for is it? No, then I guess I will give what all want when they ask such a question. My name George Winston VonEhrhardt. That is the best answer to your question of 'who am I'. To answer it further you would have to be around me and learn it yourself, thoguh no one ever seems to come up with the same answer twice. Similar answers, yes, but the same? No."
"Now, what am I doing here? Well, that is a little harder to answer. I could ask you the same question, or I could ask what what is here doing? But enough of my pecuilar train of thoughts, you'll see plenty more of them if you stick around with me. I am here because I am here. I am here because I choose to be here. But then again, I may be here because Something or Someone wanted me here. Any and all of those are my answer to your question. Not satisfyed? Well neither am I, but they are all I have and thet bring me some measure of comfort."
At this point George looked up at the sorcerer to see how his words were taken. Instead of the normal look of confusion that has come acroos others who have endured this far to ask those very questions, this man had only a look of deep concentration and deeper thought, leaning against the wall as does he, staring of at nothing. This brought comfort to George, who now also stared of at nothingness himself, trying so hard to break the wall to the answers he sought.
"I have been many places doing many things for many, many years..."
The sorcerer looked around quickly at George, noiticing in his voice a sound noo there before, the sound of one far older and of many tasks, weary and old. Hearing that, he thought maybe someone else was speaking for him, but it was him. Looking closely at George though, he saw only a very young man. Smiling without bothering to look up, George continued.
"I see you looking at me, wondering, but looking will only get you what you've seen before, as others have seen before. And oh how many others have looked and wondered what you are now thinking, so many others.....but how many? How many have I met and lost on my ceasless journyes?"
More intureged than ever, the sorcerer crouched down to watch him more closely, trying to pierce the very mysterys that suddenly surrounded this young man named George, following his every word. But George wasn't really talking to him any more, he was just talking...
"I have been to so many places and seen so many people....I rember some like it was only yesterday, others are like dreams, and still others I fear are already forgotten. But only few know me as me now, the real, well, no, this PART of me. Most know that other part of me, the part that goes as Garge. I use Garge,(or does he use Me?), as my front to the world, that part most people can deal with or ignore most easily. He is young, eager and a bit bizarre, but he works as me so well. I have used him for so long now though, that it is hard to come out of him..."
And with that last decleration, George suddenly snapped out of his reveire, springing to his feet. He looked down at the now very suprised sorcerer, and asked "So I guess I'm with you according to the big Boss Man. When do we eat? I'm STARVING!".....
Back to top Go down
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:16 pm

Tenkazu stood looking at the man for a long while he to knew what it was like to have other entities within your mind Phoenix, Kaze and Indigo all had a form of intelligence. Kaze tugged at the back of your mind as it poured its magic into your being, Indigo whispered just at the very edge of hearing and Phoenix sang a brilliant song which changed in volume and melody depending on Tenkazu's mood.

But none of them could speak through him except Phoenix it would seem.

Tenkazu's thoughts were torn from the subject as the bandits were pulled from the building and lined up on their knees in the square. Stone was holding Kiecho Yamaguchi as she cried it seemed that the bandits had been condemned.

The old man who was the village elder raised his hand as the crowed began to form once again.

"These brigands invaded our lands and took our harvests and these fine Samurai have apprehended them for us and given me the right to pass judgement on their evil souls and so I declare their lives to be forfeit" The old man said

One of the Bandits dropped his head forward revealing a tattoo on his neck it was the the badge of the Clan Muai a sub clan of the Mirimotto. Tenkazu rushed over for a better look several of the bandits sported this tattoo including the leader.

Tenkazu grabbed the leader by the collar "You are of the Clan Muai?... answer me" he shouted in the man's face.
"aye I was" he replied
"and yet you still attacked me?"
"My Clan is dead just like yours"
"NEVER!... My Clan yet lives I am living proof of that... As long as I and my kin yonder still breath Clan Mirimotto still lives and all the time you and these others still live so does clan Muai"
"None of us here are nobles your Lordship we were just footsoldiers"
"Footsoldiers or nay you are still Clan and Clan to me have you forgotten your oath?"
"I remember it well fat lot of good it has done me"

Tenkazu struck the man hard in the face and then pulled him upright and struck him again.

"You are a disgrace to the good name of Muai and you dishonour my clan with your actions... That I can not have" Tenkazu unbound the man and handed him Kaze "reclaim your Honour" he said as he moved behind him drawing Phoenix and standing ready.

The man looked at his company then at Kiecho "Im sorry my love" he said then looked back to his men "spare them they were just following me"
"I will if I can" Tenkazu said

Placing the blade about is lower left stomach he pushed in quickly and drew it across to his left a look of anguish on his face he began to pull the blade up but ran out of strength. seeing that he could not complete the ritual on his own Tenkazu summoned all his strength and swung Phoenix removing the Bandit leaders head.

Tenkazu stepped forward and retrieved Kaze from the dead man's loose grasp and cleaned off the blood.

It was then that he became aware that all eyes had fallen on him.

"Regardless of what you all thought of him this man has died with honour... Clan Muai has regained its honour" he said

He stood in front of the remaining bandits "Today is your lucky day because im going to give you a once in a life time offer which if you refuse will be the last offer you ever hear... I am raising an army in the hopes of reforming the Mirimotto Clan IF you join my army your lives will be spared, what say you"

The bandits looked at each other and nodded. The old man stepped forward and was about to protest but Tenkazu raised a hand.
"Who is your regional lord?" he asked
"We don't have one" replied the old man
"Why?"
"The fortress to the north has been abandoned for many years ever since the last great war"
"What Clan resided there?"
"You know I can remember... hmm Clan Shin... Shin"
"Shintakashi" Tenkazu interceded.
"Yes, yes that was it Clan Shintakashi not the most benevolent of Clans" the old man said
"Hmm no, They were not... I am in need of a Stronghold and a Fief how many towns and Villages are there in this province?"
The old man looked thoughtful for a moment "I think there are about 26 of which 18 are villages, 7 Towns and a City all have been under the Dragons fire, If you could end the Dragon I suppose that they would be indebted to you my Lord. Once you have killed the beast you should take its head to Nimmiami the city in this province and show it to the Mayor there is a significant reward perhaps you could make a deal?"
"Thank you" said Tenkazu.

He walked toward the others.
"Right then shall we go slay a dragon?" he said with a smile...
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:01 pm

Stone watched Tenkazu with abject indifference. While he had been in country for many years he still did not fully understand some of the rituals held and carried out.

Tenkazu approached and said "Right then shall we go slay a dragon?"

"Aye, but how about we grab lunch first. The last time I was in the tavern I didn't get a chance to have a meal" said Stone. "Interesting turn of events. When I set out on this quest I had no idea I would be helping to build a kingdom"
Back to top Go down
https://sevensamurai.rpg-board.net
VonEhrhardt
Kenin
Kenin
VonEhrhardt

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:49 am

After the event following his unoffical acceptence, Garge heard these words:"Aye, but how about we grab lunch first." Deep inside Garge, or so it seemed, a huge beast awakened, releasing it's growl in a most audible form.
"I agree. I'm starving enough to EAT the dragon. By the way, I'm George. Or is it Garge? Or maybe it's 'YOU, THIEF! COME BACK W"ITH THAT!' I really can't rember...'
This strange triade seemed to temporarily confuse the man who had captured him. After a momentary glance at the sorcerer however, he just shrugged and lead the way to the nearset tavern. He was however followed by George/Garge, who jounded hime with questions:
"Say, who are you? Do YOU have a name? Are you old? Can I give you a name? OH PLEASEE???? I have great one! I shall call you the Fluffy Princess......."
Back to top Go down
Bob Stryder
Admin
Admin
Bob Stryder

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:13 am

Stryder followed the others towards the tavern. He wasn't totally sure what had just happened, but he could see that they were off to fight the dragon again so he followed along.

He watched the strange young man. The same one who had clubbed him on the back of the head leaving him with a huge headache and still feeling a bit dizzy. He seemed nice enough, if a bit talkative. Still, an apology wouldn't go amiss.

They entered the tavern, sat down and asked for some food. As they waited, Stryder looked at Tenkazu and spoke.

"My clan was destroyed at the same time yours was."
"How do you know?"
"I just do. I can feel it. Every bit of me knows that I'm the only one left."
"I'm sorry."
"Don't be. I have avenged my clan seven times over since the war. There is no dishonour around me or my clan."
"Good."
"I'm now however, bored. I've tried a few little projects over the years but they've never held my attention for long. I need something to get my teeth into. Something to excite me." Stryder paused and took a long pull at his drink. Then he looked right into Tenkazu's eyes.
"There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that you and Jumper will achieve your plans. You will raise your army, and you will reclaim what's yours. I'd like to come along for the ride. We've worked together before. Fought side by side before. Between us we killed sixty men on our way through that castle. If your ultimate plan is to exterminate the Tachibana clan then I want in."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb3FJdRk-tI
VonEhrhardt
Kenin
Kenin
VonEhrhardt

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:36 am

After entering the taverna and ordering the food, of which George ordered the most, he turned his attention to the others at the table. Fluffy Princess he knew, as did he know the man named Stryder for being the one he knocked out. Garge smiled at him, a big teeth bearing grin. George, realisiing this was not the best way to make amends, as he did now look like he was about to attack again, mumbled out that he was sorry for the whole club thing, and turned the others. The sorcerer he learned was called Tenkazu, a former lord of a old and powerful clan of this land. Hearing his plans for the future, he was able to figure out what had happened to it in the past. Next him, was a man named Jumper, his student and fellow clan member. He had so far been quiet during tis while time, and at times a bit inattentive, but this George decided was from fatiuge of the earlier combat.
'So this is where I am to be for a while eh?' George thought, again looking at all at the table. 'Interesting place to be, is it not Garge?'
That part of hime he called Garge agreed full heartedly, loving exicmnet in just about anything.
'I just wonder, how long will I be here? And do I want to be at the middle of yet another war? So many causes to fight for, and I have found myself at one time or another, fighting fo at least half of them!'
He focused his gaze on Tenkazu, who did not notice, as he was engaged in a adment conversation with Styrder. After a long time while, George broke his piercing gaze, seeming to find what he was looking for.
'Ah well, it is better to fight the causes your friends are for, right Garge?'
Again Garge agreed, though this time with so much enthusiasm that he shook his head up and down quite vigoursly at nothing. Fluffy Princess looked over at him with a questioningy scowl. Smiling impishily, Garge decided to answer the scowl.
"Yes Fluffy One? Where's the food? What did you order? Can I have some? How come you are called Fluffy Princess when you won't let me pet you? Come to think of it, you really ot to be called Pokey Porcupine, cause of your personality and all....."
Back to top Go down
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:53 pm

Tenkazu saw the pain in Stryders eye's he knew Clan Taira had not been wiped out totally their women and children had been spared but had now been swallowed by Clan Tokugawa.

"For my Clan to survive we must have capable officers and you Stryder of the southern Winds are one of the most capable officers I have ever had the honour of fighting alongside... I would be deeply Honoured if you would Join my Clan and become a Lord of the Mirimotto what say you?"

Stryder looked deep in thought at the offer of brotherhood so Tenkazu turned to Stone.

"Stone you are a capable Warrior also... I would also be deeply honoured if you too Joined my clan as a lord of the Mirimotto"

Leaving Stone to think it over Tenkazu then turned to Jumper.

"Jumper you are my cousin albeit distant but that does not matter to me if I should fall in battle I want you to take over as Leader of the Clan"

The table became silent as the men thought over what had been said until the new comer George said.

"Yes Fluffy One? Where's the food? What did you order? Can I have some? How come you are called Fluffy Princess when you won't let me pet you? Come to think of it, you really ot to be called Pokey Porcupine, cause of your personality and all....."

Tenkazu looked at him with eye's wide and mouth open in shock "Fluffy Princess" he echoed aloud

To his surprise Stone burst out laughing in a hearty manner. It was then that Tenkazu noticed Kenshi Umatto enter the tavern after a brief scan of the interior Kenshi saw his Lord and rushed over.

"Lord Mirimotto I came as quickly as I could I gathered a few soldiers as you requested unfortunately It is no more than two score but it is a start" he said as he went down on one knee.
"Well done Master Umatto outside in the square you will find a group of defeated bandits who were of clan Muai gather them and take them to the fortress north of here, once there send a message to Lady Echi Kimihara here take this map and this silver work with her to raise more soldiers and get the castle in shape I will be there as soon as I have accomplished my other tasks."

Kenshi Umatto rose and then bowed before turning and leaving the tavern.

Tenkazu stood and patted his belly "Right I am satisfied I will await your decisions and your company outside by the horses" With that he left the Tavern.

The sun was at its zenith half the day had been and gone they still had more than enough time to slay the dragon and load its head onto a cart to take to Nimmiami...
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:44 pm

Tankazu rose and left the table, going outside to the square. Probably planning on getting the supplies and horses ready to find the dragon.

Turning to the odd little fellow who had joined them he said "Look George....Garge...or whomever you wish to be, you may address me as Stone. I think I will go out and help Tenkazu". Stone rose and exitied the tavern hoping Stryder would remember to pay the bill.

Stone caught up with Tenkazu readying the horses. As he checked the supplies and weapons on his horse, Stone said "Tenkazu, I will be honored to fight by your side for the great Mirimotto Clan. As of now, I have done nothing for the clan to deserve the title Lord so with your permission I will delay my answer to your offer of Lordship within your clan. I wish to earn the right in the name of the clan."

Tenkazu glanced over at Stone but said nothing for a moment. Before he could speak Stone said as he turned to leave "I will find out from one in the village exactly where the dragon's lair is located."

Stone lumbered across the square to a small group of locals.
Back to top Go down
Bob Stryder
Admin
Admin
Bob Stryder

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:28 pm

Stryder looked at Jumper and George or Garge. He decided he would just call him 'G' for he sake of simplicity. He put some coins on the table and stood.
"I'm going outside too. It's time we should be going." He turned and stepped through the door in time to hear Stone bellow
"JUST TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND THE DRAGON!"

Stryder walked over to Tenkazu who was checking the shoes on one of the pack horses. Tenkazu glanced up at him as he approached.
"You'd have thought they'd want us to kill the dragon." he said.
"They don't want us to be killed, I suppose." said Stryder, leaning on the fence. "They like us because we dealt with the bandit issue."
"Humph." muttered Tenkazu. "I just need this dragon business to be over with. I have other things to attend to."
"Yea, speaking of that, I'll accept your offer on one condition."
"What's that?"
"That you officially accept clan Taira as a sub-clan of Mirrimotto. Then there is honour in my appointment as a lord of Mirrimotto and a general in it's armies."

At that point Stone stomped up, red faced and obviously annoyed. "Unbelieveable!" he fumed. "You'd think I'd asked them to hand over all the women in the village under the age of twenty-five for breeding stock."
He sat down on a bench, took off a boot and began massaging his toes.
"I actually had to threaten them! Properly threaten them to give me details of the dragon."
"Did they?" asked Tenkazu.
"Did they what?"
"Give you the location?"
"Yes. It's along that path. Apparently you can't miss it. They'd better have told me right or there'll be more fighting in this place."
"I expect it'll stand out ok. A huge cave, lots of half eaten cow carcases, probably most of the place will be burnt. Oh, there'll be a bloody great wounded dragon there as well." said Stryder with a smile. "We'll be ok."

Jumper and G came out of the tavern. Jumper looked up at the sky.
"It'll be raining in an hour." he predicted.
"Good. A rain storm should help." said Stryder.
"Why?" asked G.
"What do you put out a fire with?"
"Water."
"What's a dragon blast out of it's mouth?"
"Fire."
"What's rain?"
"Wat...oh, I see."

"Right." said Stone. "Let's saddle up." They all mounted their horses and rode to the start of the path. Jumper went first and one by one they began to climb towards the dragon.

Last edited by Stryder on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VonEhrhardt
Kenin
Kenin
VonEhrhardt

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:36 pm

'So, Pokey Porcupine is called Stone eh?' Garge brought his horse up next to Stone's.
"So, is that your real name?" Stone just smiled and nodded.
"I think then, I shall call you Rock. You look more like a rock to me."
Stone, hearing this, had first opened his mouth to object, saw the look on Garges face and just shook his head with a grin on his face. Garge broke at Stone again, focusing on his torso.
"Well, it actually looks like your a boulder now."
Stones head jerked up and around, looking Garge in the eyes. Garge, shocked by his sudden interest, used his eyes to point at the object of his attention. Stone looked down at the slight paunch that older age had brought on, and looked up again. Jumper was barely containing his laughter, and Styrder and Tenkazu looked like they were sharing a private joke. Garge however, didn't notice.
"Chicken! Big chicken..."
Stone, taken aback by the sudden change again, decided that maybe he was hungry again.
"Big chicken...ah look, he's coming closer! He wants to be friends! Hi chick....No wait! DRAGON!!!"
Just then, a horrible roar erupted from the wounded dragon, who blasted the group with a jet of flame.....

Last edited by VonEhrhardt on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bob Stryder
Admin
Admin
Bob Stryder

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:48 am

It was Tenkazu's spell that saved them. With a flick of his wrist he enveloped the group in a shield that protected them from the flames. He didn't manage to get the last few pack horses though. Stryder rolled of his own horse, glanced quickly to see that the others had dispersed and noted that the dragon was concentrating on Jumper. Stryder pulled a dagger from his boot and quickly ended the two pack horses pained screaming with a couple of deep thrusts.

He drew his sword and advanced on the dragon, which now had his back to him. He muttered the incantation that ignited his sword and slowly crept up. He raised the sword over his head and as he was about to swing it down on the dragons tail, the dragon sensed his prescence and whirled round. He altered the aim of his sword and swung it lateraly across the dragons belly. The combination of the swords sharp edge and the massively intense heat from the magical fire caused the sword to bite deep into and across the dragons stomach. Blood poured out of the gash and the combination of burnt flesh and boiling dragon blood made Stryder gag. The dragon turned again, making for it's cave where it hoped to find saftey. Stryder ducked as the dragons tail whistled over his head, but couldn't avoid it as it swung back and caught him right in the chest.

The air was blasted out of him and he felt a rib crack. He flew for six feet and landed next to one of the dead pack horses. All he could smell was burnt dragon and cooked horse. He struggled to his feet in time to see the others follow the dragon into the cave...
Back to top Go down
VonEhrhardt
Kenin
Kenin
VonEhrhardt

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 6:58 pm

George saw that they weren't dead. 'always a good sign' he thought. He turned around in time to see Stryder' deadly attack on the dragon and the wound he inflicted on its stomach. As it retreated, it swung it's tail and hit Stryder in the chest on the second swing. At first he moved to follow the others to the dragons lair, then stopped and turned around to help the wounded Stryder. Rushing up to him, he noticed immediatley that at least one rib was broken, and that Stryder was defiently out of it, propbaly hit his head a little bit. George bent down and partially scooped/picked Styrder up.
"So, nice trick with your sword there. Where too?"
Stryder, struggling to catch his breath through the pain of his broken and bruised ribs, just pointed with his head toward the cave and the diminished figures of the rest of the group.
George, looking at him skeptically, shook his head in dissent."No my friend, you have done your part. I will find you a nice spot in the shade where you can..."
"NO! I came along on this quest to help slay a dragon, and slay him I shall!" Stryder's objection came in exsplosive exhaliation of breath. He even managed to pull himself up straight without help, but the effort sapped the last of his breath and strength, sending him down coughing up a little blood and gasping for breath.
"No Stryder, you must stay here, you've punctured a lung it seems, and are therefore in no position..."
"No! I'm fine..!" Stryder started to object again as soon as he caught his breath.
"Stryder! Stay here!" The look of command and power in his voice and eyes stunned Stryder, who for the first time saw a little of what Tenkazu heard, someone much older and more, for a lack of a better term, powerful person than this small strange man would at first seem to command. Holding him as if under some spell, George led Stryder to a near by tree, gentle sitting him down against its soild shaded surface.
"Now, sleep." And with those words, Styrder fell into a deep and dreamless sleep, were wounds were healed and bad things are forgotten. Straighting up after making sure his 'paitient' was cared for, George stretched his back with a groan.
"Well Garge, now that THAT's taken care of, lets see what we can't do about that dragon?" Even as he had said this out loud, George had already drawn and set his bow, moving at a jog toward the dragons cave and his friends inside. If you could hear the thoughts of his mind, you would have heard in response to that last a high pitched "YAY!!!" that was Garges answer....
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 7:13 pm

The dragon Quadlemass disappeared into the darkness of the cave much too far ahead of the group of warriors. Hunting a wounded beast in it's own lair almost always proved fatal. Taking a deep breath Stone entered the cave and moved cautiously, listening for any noise that might give away the beasts location or intention.

Stone and Jumper flanked either side of Tenkazu. Moving from cover to cover attempting to remain as quiet as possible was their mission. At least until they found their target.
The quiet of the cave suddenly broke with a loud *CRACK*. Everybody stopped.

Something under Stone's heavy foot had given way. He slowly knelt down to feel in the dark under his foot. Soon his hands recognized the unmistakable form of a human skull, backbone, and what was left of the rib cage. The rib cage Stone had just crushed. So, we are not the first men to attempt this thought Stone to himself.

Slowly standing Stone suddenly realized that the remains of a corspe was at the very spot he was standing. 'Damn' Stone said aloud as he dove to what he hoped would be a safe spot, just a few seconds before Quadlemass crushed the already damaged skeleton with his massive tail, followed by a stream of fire.

Stone stood up and found himself behind Tenkazu and Jumper . But they were moving forward, across a large cavern to higher ground. Stone noticed a small passagway in the rock face. He squeezed through and followed the path. I went up and eventually opened to the same cavern, just higher on the face of the wall. Stone set up here and waited for his eyes to readjust to the dark after the bright flash from the dragons breath.

I took a few minutes, but Stone was finally able to see the huge beast nestled in a large alcove in the wall. He drew two arrows in his bow and let them fly. Aiming for the gash in the beasts belly Stone landed one, but the other arrow bounced off the rocky floor. Quadlemass howled in pain and sent a stream of fire throughout the cavern. Stone ducked back behind the safety of the cave wall and hoped Tenkazu and Jumper had found adequate cover.
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:42 pm

Stone waited for several minutes after the fire died down. He took a breath then moved back into the opening. What he saw make him jump slightly and drop his bow. The dragon's face was a mere 15 feet in front of him, staring directly at him.

Stone knew 2 things. Firstly, he knew he had no chance to make it down the path and squeeze back out the other end. He would be burned to a crisp. Secondly, jumping to the cave floor would certainly end up in major injuries at the least and more than likely a painful death.

The dragon eyed Stone closely. Stone thought that maybe the dragon even recognized him. The dragon drew his head back and Stone knew he was gearing up for another bar-b-que session. Stone took the lesser of two bad choices and took the 3 steps and leapt from his alcove.

While in mid air he drew out a short sword and prepared to drive it deep into whatever part of the dragon he managed to land against.

The dragon lit up the cavern again, this time directed at the space in the wall where Stone was just standing and it blew down the path and out the crevasse that Stone had squeezed through. The dragon's shoulder was quickly approaching and Stone grabbed his sword in both hands and moved it over his head. He thrust the blade as hard as he could into Quadlemass' shoulder and then held on for dear life.
Back to top Go down
Jumper11550
Kenin
Kenin
Jumper11550

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:46 am

Jumper watched Stone leap towards the dragon...

thinking to himself "Crazy bastard" Jumper began to move forward when suddenly something at the back of the cavern caught his eye. He nudged Tenkazu and pointed at what he had found, a nest of eggs. Eggs that had began to rack back and forth rather violently.

"We're about to have trouble," Jumper said
Tenkazu grinned and said "what do you not consider one dragon trouble enough?"
Jumper laughed and said we had better get started. The pair conffered for a moment longer and split each working his way around Quaddlemass towards the eggs. Ducking and weaving back and forth glad Stone had the dragon distracted. Stone for his part was becoming increasingly annoyed the two were ignoring the dragon while it was attempting to fling him into the wall. He then also noticed the eggs and the fact that they were beginning to hatch. They need more time he thought and started looking for a way to upset Quaddlemass even more, that opportunity came sooner than he thought. The dragon started to settle down and brought its head into range of Stone's feet in an attempt to pull him off with its teeth. Seeing his chance Stone swiftly kicked both feet out hard connecting with the Dragon's eye.

Jumper and Tenkazu both heard the dragon roar louder than it had yet and looked up in time to see Stone finally lose his grip and start falling. Jumper reacted faster than he had before, managing barely to catch stone as he landed and the two tumbled into a heap on the floor. Jumper looked at Tenkazu, "Go, we're toast if those dragons hatch." It was at this point that Jumper noticed George staring at him in amazement.
"how did you do that?!?"
"can we talk about this later?" Jumper asked.

Jumper had not had a chance to pull Tenkazu aside to talk yet but this one was different. He did not intend wrong or evil but was rather like a child, simple curious, uncertain at least that was what Jumper had been able to sense so far. This man was much harder to understand than most. His mind was beyond chaos...except for rare moments it became focused, intent. The only mind Jumper had ever seen that could match it was Tenkazu's. It would take more time for Jumper to learn how to read this man, but he was sure Tenkazu had some knowledge about how to train this ability.

Suddenly coming back out of his reverie Jumper pulled Stone to his feet and said: "What did you do?"

Stone looked at Jumper panting heavily and said: "I....kicked....its....eye."
Jumper was a bit surprised but it was Stone after all. Jumper turned to George, sized him up and said, aim for its wounds keep it dancing. he then turned toward Stone and asked: "You ok?"
Stone nodded yes. Jumper handed Stone his sword. "ready for round two?"
"what??" Stone asked in confusion, then before he could react Jumper grabbed his tunic and threw him up at the Dragon.
Unslinging his bow Jumper began moving towards Tenkazu who had managed to kill the first two baby dragons before they hatched but the third had made it out before he could stop it.

Last edited by Jumper11550 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VonEhrhardt
Kenin
Kenin
VonEhrhardt

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 3:31 pm

After seeing Jumper catch Stone, Garge's only comment was 'well, I wouldn't have caught you Boulder. Couldn't have more likely.' Then George turned his attention towrad the dragon and the task of keeping it occupied. Drawing back his bow, George took aim for the gash in it's belly when he realised something very important. It was looking right at him. It was right there, it's nose no more than a foot away. George was so stunned that he let loose his grip on Garge and shouted "Hi Chicken!" Closing his eyes and cursing himself for a fool about to be cooked, George waited for the dragon's flame. Garge however, interrupted this moment, by shouting to the rest of the group "Guy's! It want's to talk!" And George realised it did, and that it could through Garge. Taking a chance, he rushed over to the others, hoping that the dragon really did want to talk and wouldn't flambe him from behind, and stopped their attack on the last of the babies, who sreeched at them and scurried across the floor to the safety of it's parents wing. The others, quite confused, just stared at him, waiting for a explanation, and from their frutive looks at the dragon to his back, a flaming death.
"Guy's, it's hard to explain, but SHE really does want to talk now! I don't know where or how Garge learned to do it, but he really can talk to her AND be understood. You can too, if you put a hand on me. She want's us to stop, and wants to know what it would take. Well, what do you say? I think we might be able to use her for your war Tenkazu, but I leave it up to all of you...."
Back to top Go down
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 6:14 pm

"Of course HE can talk, he is a dragon they can all talk... They just tend not to want to and nearly never in our language" said Tenkazu as he pushed George aside "Quadlemass you will die here today."

Tenkazu charged forward Indigo in hand, swinging the large blade under arm creating sparks along its path on the stone floor and cutting a gash into the dragons side and neck it reeled back in pain and swatted him away with its good claw.

Tenkazu flew through the air and slammed against the cave wall, as he slid down he realized that there was nothing beneath him but black.

He fell for what felt like forever, but it was probably only a few seconds until the tunnel levelled out a bit. He could see light now it was faint but golden and he was sliding toward it.

The light got brighter and brighter until he was finally deposited onto a huge pile of gold.

He lay there in silence stunned and unable to move he could hear the scratching of claws along the tunnel above him and then HE appeared. Quadlemass.

"Go ahead burn me and all your gold with me... foul beast"

Quadlemass reached down plucked him from atop its gold and squeezed, Tenkazu's armour held but it would not hold for long.

Suddenly Quadlemass let go and screamed in pain, Tenkazu dropped to the pile and rolled down coming to a stop on his back he could now see Jumper attacking the dragon with all his might, A haze all around him like heat rising from hot gravel in the hight of summer. With each cut the dragon oozed blood until it keeled over Jumper stopped for a moment to observe his kill.

Moments that felt like eternity to Tenkazu passed then Jumper let out a defining roar and brought his sword down on Quadlemass' neck severing its head.

"Cousin!? cousin!?" shouted Jumper as he ran across the gold
"Here"
"Are you all right?"
"I have been better, Listen Jumper... those eggs... the mother"

Just then a Beautiful woman walked into the cavern her hair, lips and eyes were a vibrant green like Jade, she was bare as the day she was born.

"Quadlemass is dead?" she said
"Yes!" said Jumper
"and the eggs?"
"Destroyed!" Jumper said as he stood and faced her with sword drawn.
"hmm There is no need for that, I am a captive here. the eggs were not mine"
"Where is the mother?"
"Oh long gone, she took to the sky and flew south when the Jade Emperor summoned my kin to war"
"But that was over 2000 years ago" Jumper said confused
"But a month in the life of a dragon, cousin" said Tenkazu from the floor behind him "Who are you? Green Dragon"

The woman took a few steps forward to get a better look at Tenkazu.

"I am Kes in the common language of your people and you... you are Tenkazu Mirimotto are you not?"
"Indeed I am and why are you here Kes of the Emerald host?"
Kes smiled "You are a knowledgeable man. I am here because Quadlemass wanted me here, I was nothing but a play thing to him and now he is dead so I can finally leave this place"
"I'm glad my kin and I could be of service to you"
"As am I, Thank you" she said as she walked forward and kissed Jumper on the cheek "Take this, It is a summoning stone. Just hold it in your hand and think my name and I shall come to you" with that she ran up the pile of gold and transformed into her natural form and took flight up the tunnel.

Jumper stood looking at the stone before slipping it into his pocket "Come cousin let us leave this place".
Back to top Go down
VonEhrhardt
Kenin
Kenin
VonEhrhardt

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 7:05 pm

Poor Garge was obviously confused. He HAD heard a girl voice in his head, but it was not Quadlemass, it was the green dragons underneath. Well, actually, it was both, which was why he was confused. 'Oh well...' he thought,'would have been cool and useful to have dragon for the upcoming war, though hiding him would have been a pain, not to mention the villagers would not have been happy to hear he was alive.' Aloud, he asked...
"So, what next war-lord Tenkazu? Or general or whatever? And how come I wasn't offered a rank or position in your army/clan? I'm hurt. I could help fund you, and I'm really good at war, or at least I think I was. I seem to rember being in quite a few...but back to my original question, what next?".....
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 11:31 pm

Stone regained consciousness to see Tenkazu, George, and Jumper standing in the cavern talking. He sat up and shook his head to clear the cobwebs. What had just happened.

He remembered jumping from the ledge onto the dragon. Then he fell, but was caught by Jumper. And then...Jumper threw me back in the air. 'That dirty skunk! He threw me back at the dragon' thought Stone. DRAGON. Where is it?

A quick look around and everyone else's calm demeanor told Stone the dragon was gone. He went back to remembering through the fog. He remembered stopping in mid air at the apex of his flight. The dragon below him looking at George. Then as he began to fall and readied himself to strike at the dragon with his sword, the beast turned violently and struck Stone sending him careening into the wall, followed by a 15 foot fall which was broken by the pile of shale Stone now sat on.

Sufficiently recovered Stone rose and joined the others. "Um.....the dragon?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Bob Stryder
Admin
Admin
Bob Stryder

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 3:04 am

Stryder lay on the grass in the shade of a tree. Despite his attempts to stay awake, he had eventually lapsed into unconciousness. As he lay there, bleeding internally, the green dragon flew overhead.

A figure crouched down next to him...
Back to top Go down
Jumper11550
Kenin
Kenin
Jumper11550

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 9:25 am

Jumper suddenly yelled "Somethings up! ... i sense a sudden feeling of curiosity and then triumph."

He quickly looked around...

"Where's Stryder?"

George suddenly startled and then looking a little ashamed said, "He's out side on the grass, i put him to sleep so he may find peace and have his strength returned to him."

Jumper, Tenkazu and Stone exchanged an uneasy look and began to move quickly toward the exit.
Back to top Go down
VonEhrhardt
Kenin
Kenin
VonEhrhardt

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 1:15 pm

As George hurried with the rest, he thought about what he might now do.
'Well, as I see it Garge, were still needed around here, but to stay
will mean another war, which will mean more death and killing. Is it
worth it too you?' Before that other part of him answered, they had
come outside, to a brilliant and bright sunset of the day. The others
however, ignored this and made a bee line straight toward the wounded
Stryder. 'wonder why it's called a bee line. don't bee's travel in a
zig-zag?'* 'Yes Garge they do' George had to run to catch up with the
rest of the group who had already made it to Stryders relaxed form. As
he ran, Garge noticed the things Garge all ways noticed. He saw the
green grass(outside the burnt ground of the dragons cave)sway gently in
a breeze, the way his armor shone in the sunlight, and all the small
things that make life great.
He finally caught up to the rest of the group in time to see that the
sleep he had put him in did not do it's job. Stryder had gone deathly
pale, and seemed to be only semi concious as he looked up at the
crouching figure of Jumper at his side.
"He's lost a lot of blood." Jumper stated as he restored armor and
clothes around Stryders wounded rib cage. Before it went back on,
George caught a quick glance at the spot. It was a dark and massive
bruise, covering most of his left side of his chest, and propablaly his right too.
"Well, what should we do? We could never get him to town in time, and he defintley can't rode a horse as he is." This was Stone, who leaned against a near by tree.
"Tenkazu, your magic perhaps?" George asked.
"No, I am tired after the fight, and such a spell as we would need would be too much for me right now." George swallowed his objection after he saw Tenkazu. He DID look tired. Sweat beaded and dried on his head, and he even sitting down as he was, he swayed with fatigue. Looking around, no one else seemed to be doing much better. Jumper was actually panting, fighting to stay awake and up right, and Stone looked the worst of the lot, leaning on the tree, coated in sweat and favoring parts of his body with a small grimace. 'Over all...' George thought ot himself, 'they look like a group who just fough a dragon, and that doesn't look pretty.' 'smells bad too.' Confused, George took a deep inhaltion of breath, and quickly wished he hadn't. Beyond the smell of burnt and rotting things that markd the dragons layer, there was the distinct smell of sweat, a lot of sweat. "Leave it to Garge to point out the unpleasent things too." Seeing the confused looks shot his way, George just shook his head.
"OK, I have an idea. Can you in some way transfer some of my energy into yourself and for the spell? I'm the only one here who didn't really fight the dragon and seem to have the energy to prove it." Tenkazu seemd lost in thought for a little after this offer, but only for a little, as he seemed to reach his decision quickly and without the benfit of telling anyone else. He shot to his feet, mumbling something under his breath, and with a lightning quick motion, had hi hand on George.
"What the?!?!..." Before he could even finish, George felt his strength drained from his body, and felt himself falling inside, much to Garges delight. But just as quickly it was started, it was done, and a brilliant flash of light left Tenkazu's hand, hitting Stryder. Then Tenkazu slumped to the ground, expended. George too, seemd to have sunk to the ground, though he didn't rember it. And just before he blacked out, he rembered saying "we need a bath...."

*Lower case thought's belong to Garge, upper case to George.
Back to top Go down
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 6:08 pm

A week had past since they killed the dragon but to Tenkazu it felt longer.

The group sat around the dinner table in the great hall of the fortress the fire burned brightly and warded off the bitter chill from the outside the atmosphere in the room felt close and comforting Tenkazu was surrounded by his friends and Family which was something that he had missed.

He leaned back in his chair and gazed up at the banner above the door He and Stryder had spent a good twelve hours coming up with a way to incorporate clan Taira into the Mirimotto crest and it looked good. Stone and Jumper had finished transferring all the gold from the Dragons Den to the fortress while He had secured the Fief under his banner by turning over the Dragons head at Nimmiami.

Word had come that Echi Kimihara and her brother were moving there forces to join his and then they would attack Clan Katu to the east and secure a second territory thus covering themselves from attack from the rear but Tenkazu knew he would not be leading his newly formed army in battle as he had promised Stone that he would go to the aid of the emperor.

When all was said and done it had been a productive week and they were now resting while getting merry and eating themselves silly.

Tenkazu grabbed his cup and raised it before him.

"My friends" he started the room fell silent and every one waited for him to continue
"My friends Today marks the day that clan Mirimotto and clan Taira rise from the ashes and take flight once again, it is our mandate that we strive for unity be it with words, wealth or the sword I vow to unite the country under clan Mirimotto" he said.
"here here" chimed Stryder
"Join me in a drink to the future and to peace"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONS AND BANDITS   DRAGONS AND BANDITS - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

DRAGONS AND BANDITS
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5