Samurai House
Please provide login details for the Samurai House.
Samurai House
Please provide login details for the Samurai House.
Samurai House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Samurai House. We hope you enjoy your stay

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES Empty
PostSubject: IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES   IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 6:39 pm

It had been two months since they had left the Fortress of the rising Phoenix when Stryder's little boat bounced gently off the jetty on the shores of lake Stengsu a half days walk south of them was the Imperial City and they were eager to finish their dealings here so they could return home.

But Tenkazu knew better nothing was simple and first they had to get IN to the city before they could warn the Emperor of the Tachibana plot 'Not that he will listen' Tenkazu thought to himself

"You ever been to the Imperial City Stone" said Jumper
"Not that I recall" replied Stone
"I went once but they would not let me in" said George
"The Imperial City, where the roads are paved with silver and the drink is free" Stryder said cynically
Tenkazu chuckled "Aye and the wenches charge a copper for a good night" he said with a cheeky grin as he slapped Stryder on the shoulder.

"Well Brothers This time tomorrow we will be downing flagons of spiced mead and chomping on honeyed pork at the Luck Dog Tavern then onto the palace for a light game of save the blighted Emperor then back to the fortress for a good round of unification" said Tenkazu

The men grabbed their equipment and started walking...

Last edited by Stonesmith on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:43 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : change title)
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES   IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 7:14 pm

Stone walked along solemnly trying to stick to his own thoughts, but still visibly bothered by something. Finally he could contain himself no longer.

“Lord Tenkazu, why am I here. Why did you insist on my being on this mission. There is still too much to take care of at the fortress” Stone said, almost demanding to be released from their quest at the Imperial City.

“Lord Stonesmith,” began Tenkazu, “I required ALL of the clan leadership to be present. We will all swear an oath before the Emperor, we will pledge to serve the Empire, even to death” Tenkazu looked at Stone quizzically. They had spoken of this before they left the fortress.

“Tenkazu, please do not refer to me as Lord. I have not yet earned the title to be a Lord in the Mirimotto Clan. My pledge is to serve you and your clan” quipped Stone.

“Stone, you played a important part in restoring the Clan and re-establishing our lands.” Said Tenkazu.

“Begging your pardon Lord, but I have done very little, and the clan is far from being restored. We have defeated a few poorly trained ninjas, restored sub-clan Muai, defeated a dragon, and all in all, your vassals are a bunch of aging mediocre farmers and an old fool of a mayor of a minor trading post city. There is still much work to be done and I should be at the fortress taking care of things, including seeing if any of the men in the realm are worthy to hold a sword or a pike” said Stone. The group was terribly quiet and everybody stared at Stone.

Tenkazu bristled a bit and took a deep breath. “Your words are noted friend, but I have my reasons for wanting you here. The duties at the fortress are being taken care of. Now may we please find some dinner” said Tenkazu as he turned and headed into the heart of the Imperial City.

One by one the group moved on. Stone was the last to move. He trailed just a few feet behind wondering if he had said too much.
Back to top Go down
https://sevensamurai.rpg-board.net
Bob Stryder
Admin
Admin
Bob Stryder

PostSubject: Re: IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES   IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 1:02 pm

Stryder pushed through the door to the tavern known as 'The Lucky Dog'. Inside was dark, dingy. A small fire burnt in the hearth and due to a slight blockage in the chimney, some of the fumes were escaping into the room making the atmosphere smokey and adding to the dingyness. The rushes covering the floor were rotting and in need of replacement and the general smell was repugnant.

Stryder turned to Tenkazu and smiled. "This brings back memories. I used to come here all the time, and that european barmaid ... " he left the sentence hanging.
Tenkazu smiled back and nodded. "I'm glad to see that it's not changed a bit. Lets find a seat." They moved towards a vacant table and sat down, followed by the others. Tenkazu signaled to the bartender who made his way over and took Tenkazu's order. Stone had a look of profound disgust on his face.
"I know you want to say something." said Stryder, "So just get it over with. Speak quietly though, the patrons of this place will defend it's honour. Violently. I remember one time they 'defended' it. The place was closed for three weeks for repairs and renovations."
Tenkazu laughed out loud and the drinks arrived. Stone thought for a moment and then said,
"So, uh, why's it called the Lucky Dog?"
"The original owner had a dog," replied Tenkazu, "and it got run over by a cart."
"And that's lucky, is it?"
"No, what was lucky was that it only lost one leg."
Stryder, taking a mouthful of mead, snorted with laughter into his drink and blasted half the brown liquid over his face and down his tunic. Coughing, laughing and wiping his sleeve across his face he said "I'd forgotten that story."
Stone looked a little non-plussed and carried on looking round and taking in his surroundings.

"STRYDER!" a voice bellowed from the door of the tavern. Everyone looked at Stryder as he rolled his eyes and turned towards the owner of the voice. A flicker of recognition crossed his eyes as he stood up.
"You got the balls to show your face in here after seven years? Seven years, you filthy arab." said the stranger. He was medium height, but looked like he could handle his end of a fight. He started to move towards Stryder. Stryder moved from the table and began to move towards the stranger.
"Talking of balls," he retorted, "rumour is that you lost yours in bet with one of the tramps from the edge the city."
The stanger glared at Stryder. By now they were nose to nose. Then both of them grinned and grabbed each others hand, then threw their arms round each other in a rough embrace. Laughing, the two men returned to the table.
"This is Pat Miyagi. We were aquaintances when I lived here. Anyone mind if he joins us? I think I still owe him a drink and a meal." No one minded, so they both sat down. The bartender refreshed everyones drink.
"So, Mr Myagi," began Jumper, frowned as if he had used the name before, but carried on. "How do you know Stryder?"
"I've known this pirate since he was five minutes old. That's because he was born five minutes before me, in a general medical center not twenty paces from where we sit." Jumper looked at Stryder.
"You never said you were born here."
"You never asked. Anyway, Tenkazu knew."

The conversation carried on for a few hours, with Miyagi giving the group colorful examples of Stryders youth in the city and Stryder trying to make the escapades sound not as bad as Miyagi was implying. It was a good evening, with good drink and bad food. Eventually, Myagi asked, "What are you doing back here in the city?"

Tenkazu explained their mission to Miyagi and the reasons behind it. Miyagi sighed and shook his head.
"You may well have trouble with the Emperor, friend."
"Oh?"
"There was a small coup at the palace about eighteen months ago. The Emperor is still on the throne but only by the skin of his teeth. All of his retainers, staff and advisors were killed and so it's just him and his family left. Word is that his family is under threat, and if he doesn't do as he's told by whoever is pulling the strings their life is forfeit."
"No problem." enthused George or Garge, "we can sort that out, can't we friends?" he looked around the table. Stones eyes rolled up and he lowered his head and began repeatedly banging his head softly on the table, muttering something under his breath.
"What's he saying?" asked G.
"Um...'Not again' and 'I'm to old for this crap', I think." said Jumper. He looked as Tenkazu. "George is right, isn't he?"
"Looks that way, doesn't it?" said Stryder. Miyagi put his cup down and stood.
"I think I know where this is going," he said, "and I wish you luck. In the old days I'd have joined you but now I have family to consider." Stryder stood up and took Miyagi's outstretched hand.
"I was good to see you and talk. Take care of yourself, and your family."
"We'll meet again, pirate." he said, and turned and left the tavern.

Stryder sat down, took his cup and offered a toast.

"To the Emperor."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb3FJdRk-tI
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES   IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:16 am

Tenkazu watched Miyagi leave then reached down behind the seat and slid aside a panel on the wall to reveal a small hole he groped around inside until he found the small bag he had placed there many years ago.
With a sigh of relief he plucked it from the hiding place and set the panel back in place. After a quick check of its contents he rose from the seat.

"Right then fellows we should head over to the Imperial Hotel and get a room" he said
"The Imperial?!" said Stryder "Is not the plan to remain inconspicuous?"
"Not this time this time we make them sweat"

A slightly evil smile formed on both Stryder and Tenkazu's faces.

Later that eve Tenkazu inspected the room it was large containing 10 beds on either side with a large dinning table in the centre and a smaller Mahjong table at the far end.

he went and sat at the Mahjong table and beaconed Jumper over who complied and sat in the chair opposite as Stryder, Stone and G claimed their beds for the stay. Tenkazu placed a pile of books on the table Jumper had studied some of these books they were spell books they were ornate in appearance with elaborate carvings and clasps that held them shut and would only open when a password was uttered then Tenkazu pulled a Book from his coat pocket Jumper noted the the book was plane and very small it looked like a note book, Tenkazu looked at him and smiled.

"I have not yet told you about the different types of spell casters first there is us Wu Jen we can become the most powerful casters then there are Shaman who commune with spirits and gods for their powers Shugenja are similar but they do not claim alliance with the beings of the other realms their powers ARE divine in origin then there are Sorcerers these casters a more like us only they draw their power from their own ample supply of magic people are scared of them and often for good reason" he leaned in close and lowered his voice so that only Jumper could hear what he said next "There is a Sorcerer with us yet he refuses to walk the path threw fear of what he may become or threw doubt of his power I do not know but Sorcerers CAN out match us if not for the spells contained in this book" he said, Jumpers eyes were drawn toward Stryder and then to the book.

Tenkazu opened the book to the first page "This book contains Power Words they are spells that can be cast with but a word and with no movements what so ever, learning them can be difficult and one must read the spell and understand it before the knowledge comes to him these spells are what set us above the rest"

Tenkazu turned and saw Garge sitting on the end of the bed next to them listening intently to the lesson in progress.

"Yes?" offered Tenkazu
"Tis an Interesting subject you teach lord Tenkazu" replied Garge
"Indeed it is but it is for my kin to learn not you...Garge"
Garge looked puzzled for a moment the retreated
"George go fetch us some wine from the kitchen would you?"
"Certainly" said George as he stood and left the room.

Tenkazu turned his attention back to Jumper and handed him the book.

"Study it well but ere on the side of caution the spells can do you harm if you try to cast them without fully understanding what they mean especially the ones toward the end of the book... With great power comes great responsibility" he said Jumper echoed the phrase and opened the book to the first page with a smile that clearly showed his enthusiasm to learn, Tenkazu smiled and stood up.

=================================================================================

Kanon approached his brothers door he walked without a sound like a ninja but that was natural to him no ill will was intended in this, he could hear that both his brothers were arguing.

"We must act now" said Dajo, Kanon's middle brother who was a brute and lacked intelligence and wisdom in equal measure
"If we act now we may find ourselves in an awkward position later" said Denoman, Kanon's oldest brother who was Wise and intelligent
"You do know that Tenkazu Mirimotto and Stryder of the southern winds are IN the Imperial city?"
"No I did not know" there was a long silence before Denoman continued "In that case we should move forward our plans and strike now the Emperor and his family have now out lived their usefulness"

Kanon stepped back and the floorboard beneath him creaked, acting quickly he polity tapped on the door.
The door flung open and Dajo grabbed him pulling the younger brother inside, Kanon reacted to this by grabbing Dajo's arm and flinging him over his shoulder and then hopping back toward Denoman. Dajo got up and drew his sword as and moved toward Kanon as expected Denoman drew HIS sword and held it toward the middle brother.

"You dare to draw your sword on Kanon!" he shouted
"He attacked ME!" replied Dajo
"You attacked him first"
"He was spying on our conversation brother"
Denoman turned toward his younger brother "Why are you hear Kanon"
"I came to ask you permission to take Lady Seska to the fair at the commons tonight" he said with the normal innocents he exuded.
Denoman laughed and patted his brother on the shoulder "See Dajo you oath our brother merely wishes to woo the beautiful Seska"
"Hmpf He would have better luck with wooing a tavern wench than that harlot" Dajo said casing Kanon to frown.
"Insults aside Dajo" cautioned Denoman "Kanon you may take Lady Seska to the fair...But you must keep her with you at all times and bring her strait back here once the fair is over"
"Thank you brother" Kanon said bowing to his brother he turned and left the room.

His steps now were hurried as he went to Lady Seska and told her what he had Heard, her expression did not change much.

"You knew!" he blurted out
"No not in the sense you are thinking but I guessed that would be their plan" she said flatly
"Then what do we do?"
"What can we do I am a prisoner and you, you don't have the authority or the support to oppose their plan"
Kanon thought for a bit while Seska watched waiting for him to speak.
"We kidnap the Emperor's Daughter we also tell Master Mitsunari he will help us then we take the secret entrance and leave the palace and then we go striate to Lord Tenkazu Mirimotto"
"Tenkazu? if you could find him he would surly kill you on sight"
"He is at the Imperial Hotel and I'm sure you could convince him NOT to kill me"
"He is here?" Seska said in a shocked tone, Kanon nodded "Right then your plan may succeed"

Kanon and Seska moved quickly and went to Mitsunari and then to the Royal rooms the guards at the door allowed them entrance but Kanon knew they would not allow them to leave with the Princess he nodded to Mitsunari who quickly and quietly dispatched them Princess Shumi stood her eyes wide with terror and tears began to form she knew what came next.

Kanon smiled at her "Princess I have come to take you from this place you and your father will not live out this night if you remain" he siad
"What? do you mean?" she said fighting back the tears.
"Im sorry but my brothers intend to put you and your father to the sword... I can not save your father but I can save you"

Kanon informed her of the plan and the small group moved quickly toward there goal.

Luckily the last time the princess had been seen in public she was a girl of 10 now she was a woman of 20 and her appearance had changed dramatically since Knaon knew this would play to his benefit he also had her change into more common clothing something he thought she would disprove of however it seemed the girl had a more practical side and changed with out protest.

They entered the Imperial Hotel via the back entrance with the aid of his own spies he had already obtained the room number.

"This is it" he said taking a deep breath and reaching out to knock the door.

=================================================================================

There was a knock on the door and Stone went open it.

"Wait arm yourselves" said Tenkazu as he moved into a stance that Stone remembered from the boat months back. every one got to their feet and drew weapons.

Stone opened the door.

"Hello" siad a the young man "I am here with Lady Seska and Master Mitsunari we would very much like to parley with you which one of you is Lord Tenkazu Mirimotto?"

"Come in" said Tenkazu "I am he who you seek"
The group entered the room and Stone closed the door behind them Lady Seska looked Strait at Stryder tears forming in her eyes not being able to hold any longer she rushed to him and threw her arms around him in a loving embrace.

Kanon smiled she had found her true love the man known as Stryder looked as impressive as the tales had lead him to believe, he turned back to Tenkazu "I am Kanon Tachibana" the room tensed at the name and Phoenix was in Tenkazu's hand within a split second "Wait!" said Kanon "Please Lord Tenkazu hare me out before you send me to the next world" Tenkazu nodded and Kanon told him his story and introduced the Princess and every one bowed except Tenkazu.

Princess Shumi looked him in the eye "I hope one day Lord Tenkazu that you will perhaps give me the respect you now refuse to give, I am not my father and from what lord Kanon tells me he will pay for his transgressions this night" she said
"One day perhaps but not this day" Tenkazu said dryly "Lord Kanon you do not stand with your brothers in their treason and I will not kill you because you bare the name Tachibana just as I did not kill you the last time we met" he added turning away.

Kanon looked thoughtful for a moment the said "Then I pledge my loyalty to Clan Mirimotto"
Tenkazu span around and looked at him "What?!" he said
"Twice you have spared my life I will repay your kindness by placing my life at your command"
"Very well Lord Kanon welcome to Clan Mirimotto"

Tenkazu sat at the Mahjong table and leafed threw one of his spell books...
Back to top Go down
Jumper11550
Kenin
Kenin
Jumper11550

PostSubject: Re: IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES   IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 8:43 pm

Jumper felt the tension in the room ease slightly. He did not think it would be wise to study the new book Tenkazu had provided him in front of the new comers and sat at the table once more with Tenkazu.

Jumper asked if they would have time for some other training at the moment. Tenkazu barely moving gave an affirmative. Jumper asked if there were spells that could make the others faster, or stronger...or heal them at least temporarily.

Tenkazu was reluctant to answer, Jumper became disappointed and mumbled that something else would do.

The rest of the group had all decided a sleep would be a good idea if they were to face this new threat sooner than they thought and had drifted off to sleep one by one, except for Garge who's fascination with the magic performed by the cousins was keeping him awake and attentive.

Jumper and Tenkazu discussed and practised several spells Jumper already knew honing his ability to perform them quicker, with less effort.

It was soon time for them to leave, Tenkazu woke the others and they prepared to leave
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES   IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 12:07 pm

"I know some of you have been here before, but I have never even seen, much less been to, the Imperial Palace." said Stone as he hid some knives in his tunic and readied his swords.

Looking at the princess he said "What's the best way to get into the palace undetected". The princess ignored him. Stone bumped her on the shoulder and said "Hello, the best way to sneak into the palace"

The princess drew her hand back and tried to slap Stone, but he easily grabbed her wrist and held her hand out. She spat out "You forget yourself and your station! I am Imperial Princess Shumi, where is the respect due me!"

"Look here 'Princess'. My friends and I are about to risk our lives spilling the blood of your enemies while saving your father" growled Stone as he pushed the slight woman down into a chair. "The least you can do is provide us with any slight bit of information that will help us. For the time being, why don't you climb down off of your high horse and assist us. IF, and I say IF, we are successful you may receive the 'respect someone of your station' thinks they rightly deserve"

Shumi glared at Stone but said nothing. Kanon stepped forward and placed a crude map of the palace on the table and said "The two primary gates, the main gate and the rear garrison gate are always heavily guarded, but they are not guarded by real warriors. These are more like jailers or security guards. The small company of warriors usually guard the inner sanctums to keep my brothers safe. I suppose you could call the gate over the small river exit on the south wall an entrance. Much of the palace waste products are flushed out using this river. It would not be a nice place to go, but it is never guarded. There is also small gate that is rarely used. Imperial forces would sneak political prisoners in and out through this gate, hidden from public view. The guard here is very weak as most don't even know of it's existance." finished Kanon. "I hope that helps"

"Do your brothers have archers in the corner towers?" asked Stone. "Only in the tower closest to the main gate" answered Kanon.

Stone grunted. He did not yet know how this small handful was actually going to sneak into the Emperor's Palace and quell a rebellion, but he knew that Tenkazu was dead set on doing it.

Last edited by Stonesmith on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor grammatical error)
Back to top Go down
VonEhrhardt
Kenin
Kenin
VonEhrhardt

PostSubject: Re: IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES   IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 12:37 am

After hearing the man Kanon's report on the Palaces entrances and the guard posting, the room fell quite again with the the movements of preparation. Stone quietly mumbled under his breath, over God only knew what, though being old seemed to be the main subject of complaint. Jumper and Tenkazu seemed to be in some sort of meditation, each movement having some form of purpose, each a seemingly sacred movement in their minds. Stryder and the Miss?????(Darn, forgot her name)seemed to be having some form of conversation, though despite all of George's half remembered travels, he could not recall ever learning to communicate by eye like they seemed to be. The Princess,(if that's what she really is, I mean, where's her crown?)had gone of to a corner to pout it seemed. Feeling the rooms general tension of preparation and eagerness for action, Garge decided to do something to help Him relax too. He farted, one of those ones just loud enough and squeaky enough to be noticed. And everyone did notice. With all eyes on him, the rooms odor changing, and alas, did he feel the temperature go up?, Garge flashed his biggest, toothiest and most feral grin. George quickly changed this to a sheepish one, and try to disarm the situation.
"Sorry, I'm still not used to this kind of food, does horrible things to my stomach." Checking the faces of his friends and the guests, George realised it would take a lot more than that to pass of this situation. Stryder seemed to be somewhere between chocking on his laughter and choking on the gas. His lady friend seemed to be in shock. Stone was lying on hi bed, groaning(i hope he's ok, but geez, it's not that bad!). Jumper was taking a different approach to the same path as Stryder, for he seemed to be trying to swallow his tounge. Tenkazu was just staring at him, but the Princess, her was the one most worth watching. During the idle time bewteen Then and Now, Garge had inched closer to the Princess, wondering why she didn't look like a princess. Now to him, he figured maybe she prefered a more practical look but that the clothes were of the finest material(besides, maybe she had the crown on her and would look at it, maybe even HOLD it). So, having succefuly worming his way up to her, he was twiddling with her clothes when the incident occured. Needles to say, she was shocked, disgusted, horrified, and well, a great many other things. George burst out laughing, his embaressment forgot.
"Sorry you majesty, but I needed that." Rising abruptly, he looked at the others and slapped his hands.
"Shall we go people? Or, do you wish to stay here for the duration of the odor?" Not waiting for a response, he left the room, still chuckling loudly to himself, leaving the others to follow.
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES   IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 7:12 pm

Well there it was. An unguarded opening around a flowing crap stream. The specially build offshoot of the river that under the palace grounds and served as a natural disposal system. A few miles down stream the trash was plucked out of this branch of the river and dumped into a compost pile for the Imperial fields. But here, at the palace wall, the water stunk to high heaven and Stone didn't want to know. He didn't want to analyze the contents of the water in any way shape or form.

Stone and Kanon had been given the task of sneaking into the palace unnoticed while the others were trying different methods at the other entrances. With luck Stone and Kanon could reach the Emperor's room and save him from the Tachibana.

"You don't like me do you" asked Kanon.
"It's not a matter of like or don't like.....I don't know you, so I can't trust you" said Stone flatly.
"Tenkazu has accepted me and I pledge allegiance to the Mirrimoto." quped Kanon.
"Irrelevant to tonight. We are assaulting you brothers only on your word. You could be laying a trap. I don't want to discuss it so shut up and keep moving" demanded Stone.

They had to enter the water and squeeze under the rusty grate covering the outflow tunnel. Now, in water only knee deep, they moved slowly but steadily. Soon enough they reached the access hatch into the kitchen. "We should enter here. At this time of night, the kitchen will be empty" suggested Kanon.

"Okay then. Up you go" said Stone as he hoisted the smaller man up toward the hatch. Kanon fumbled with the latch and Stone muttered some choice words under his breath but finally the hatch popped open and Kanon scrambled up. Kanon turned around and reached back down to help Stone pull himself up. The opening was a tight fit. Stone had to drop back down, remove his weapons and hand them up to Kanon (Something he really didn't like doing) and then attempt to access the hatch again. This time he barely had the strength to squeeze himself through.

Once inside the kitchen, and his weapons back over his shoulders and tucked in his belt, he looked around. He grabbed a hunk of meat on left on the table and took a big bite. It was the best roast pork he had had in a long time.
"We are not here to eat. This way to find the Emperor" snapped Kanon, who know stood with his own sword drawn.
"Sorry mate. Lead the way" said Stone dryly. "Lead the way"

The two dark figures moved silently down the hallway hoping the others had as much luck as they did.
Back to top Go down
Bob Stryder
Admin
Admin
Bob Stryder

PostSubject: Re: IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES   IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES EmptySat May 02, 2009 2:34 am

As Stone and Kanon had been given the delightful task of wading up the sewage stream, Stryder and Seska had been asked to try the trade gate at the rear of the Palace boundry. Apparently lightly guarded during the night due to the gate being smaller than the others, but thicker and with a good lock, it seemed like a good try.

Keeping to the shadows, they approached the gate.
"They didn't learn their lesson, did they?" asked Stryder.
"What do you mean?" said Seska.
"Tenkazu and I have sneaked into a few palaces and castles in our time. Most of the time we used the tradesmen entrance. For some reason people think that nobility would never stoop as low as to use the trade gate, even if they're coming to murder someone. Idiots."
"It seems that most of the nobility are imbeciles. They sit around, eat, drink, talk rubbish and get fat. And get paid for it. I hate them all." Seska said, looking like she had a bad taste in her mouth. Stryder glanced at her and raised an eyebrow.
"We're both technically nobility, y'know." he said with a half smile. Seska smiled sweetly at him and moved towards the door on catlike feet. Stryder followed and they both stood with an ear to the door. Silence. Seska nodded at Stryder who produced a small leather wallet from inside his coat. He pulled out some lock picks and began to work on the locks while Seska kept lookout.

Being a very advanced lock, it took Stryder longer than usual to get the door open. He did though, and they crept through once again keeping to the shadows.

"I think we should head towards the kitchen and meet up with Kanon and your friend, Stone." recommended Seska.
"You're right, but you know they're gonna stink, don't you? We won't be able to creep up on anyone 'cos they'll be smelt from a mile off."
Seska laughed softly, a sound that made his heart melt, and the pair moved towards the kitchens.

As they approached the kitchens they began to hear voices. One voice was unmistakably Stones, one was Kanons and two others that Stryder did not recognise.
"The Emperor's Guards." Seska said, frowning. "They've been discovered by two of the Emperor's guards. That could be a problem."
"Do you have any particular attachment to either of those guards?"
"No. There was one who was nice to me, but neither of those two. They used to say nasty things to me, and make me feel very uncomfortable. Why?"
"Get your bow out. Put an arrow in the back of the head of the one furthest from us. I'll deal with the other one." Seska unslung her bow and knocked an arrow. Stryder pulled a thin piece of wire from his leather wallet and slid round the corner. He crept up behind the closest guard, and at the moment he slipped the wire around the guards throat and pulled it tight, Seska loosed the arrow and planted it dead centre of the other guards head. Stryder pulled with all his strength until the guards head started to go black and then let go. He looked critically at the arrow, looked at Seska, smiled and said "Not bad."
Seska punched him playfully on the arm, nodded at Stone and looked at Kanon. Kanon smiled.
"I'm glad you got in ok."
"It was easy." replied Seska. She wrinkled her nose. "You stink."
"Thanks." said Stone, as Stryder grinned.

Last edited by Stryder on Sat May 02, 2009 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correcting spelling mistakes, and adding words I missed. Including 'gate'. :))
Back to top Go down
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES   IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 4:16 pm

Tenkazu and George entered the ally that lead up to the wall of the palace while Jumper and the others escorted the princesses back the way they had escaped their goal was to get the girl to her room and changed into more suitable garb then meet up with Stone and Stryder and get her to the throne room.

Tenkazu walked up to the wall and pointed to the ground just to his right "Stand there" he said to George
"Okies" replied George as he step on the exact spot. Tenkazu nodded and began to wave his arms in an intricate pastern and chanting the words to a spell.

On his last word and an outward flourish he sent a small glowing orb at the wall which bounced off and struck George in the chest for a few seconds the young man shone a with faint silvery light which soon faded. Tenkazu repeated his last spell but at a faster pace than before and sent a second orb bouncing into Garge. this time the orb washed over him like smock around a post and he stood looking at Tenkazu quizzically.

Then Tenkazu stepped forward and tapped the wall lightly with each of his fist sent little blue ripples cascading in all directions to reveal an arch way in the face of the wall he then stepped back and gestured for Garge to do the same. which he did and the arch opened with a slight fizzing sound.

"Shall we?" said Tenkazu Garge nodded and they stepped through.
Back to top Go down
VonEhrhardt
Kenin
Kenin
VonEhrhardt

PostSubject: Re: IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES   IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:25 pm

Staring at the archway just created, Garge shrugged.

"Well, that worked. My plan was still better though. Who would ever suspect anyone to climb the walls naked? We could've had the element of surprise!"

Tenkazu didn't even bother to answer this, and only smiled to himself. They made their way quietly through the palace, the goal the princesses room. Tenkazu, learning to anticpate Garge's uniqueness, kept a tight leash on his 'charge', forcing him to stay in the shadows, not touch a guard cloak, even though it 'looked soft and comfy', and most imporatantly of all, not go after shining things or open closed doors. He was dong well, and they were almost ot their goal, when Tenkazu realised that G.G. was GONE. It took him only a moment to find though, for Tenkazu really DID have him on a leash, a magical one Garge wasn't aware of.

"So why do they keep you locked up?"
Now though no answer was appernt him, Garge kept going.
"Really? Well you don't look that bad to me.What did he do? REALLY? Well, that IS rude. He had it coming. Me? Yeah, I'm kinda of locked up too. I've got this thing tied around me."

Tenkazu, who out of curiosity, had stopped just around the corner of the buliding, practically fell back in surprise at this last. 'How did he know!?!' was the only thought that went through his mind.At a desperate grab at reality, he walked resouletly around the corner of the building to see who he was talking too and what Garge was stuck in, for HE COULD NOT HAVE KNOWN about the rope of magic cast upon him. What he saw however, put him through even a bit more of a nasty shock than just the bare statment had. He came to see Garge, standing in a circle of lamp light, holding what looked like nothing in his hand and staring straight at Tenkazu! 'He knows! And his eyes! They are not Garge's, nor are they quite George, though closer him than the other...but stll.....' but here his thoughts were interupted, for Garge was speaking again, and now the eyes were definetley his.

"Hey Tenny, meet, uh, whats your name? What, I cant's pronounce that! It would look ridicules! Fine, I shall call you, let's see, I know! Kinky. Anywho, Kinky, Tenkazu, Tenkazu, Kinky."

It was ow that reality came back to him with a snap, and that he finally noticed where he was and just who Garge was talikng to. Thet were in the palace stables, and Garge was talking to a horse.
Back to top Go down
Bob Stryder
Admin
Admin
Bob Stryder

PostSubject: Re: IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES   IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 10:57 am

Kanon led Stone, Stryder and Seska to a small anteroom which led to the throne room. It was one of three anterooms, one on each side of the room except the throne wall. The throne wall itself had a large set of wooden double doors used by the emperor and his guards only. Their anteroom would lead them to the left side of the throne. All they could do now was wait for the prearranged signal. Jumper and Shumi should be in the anteroom opposite the throne, Tenkazu and Garge would enter from the right. At the signal all three groups would enter the throne room and do what needed to be done. Stryder looked at the still dripping Stone and Kanon.

"You have no idea how much we appreciate you two having a quick shower." he said. Stone glowered at him.
"If you'd have given us just two more minutes we could've had a warm shower." moaned Kanon. "The hot water takes a while to come through."
"You know time is important here." said Stone. "We have to be here in time for the signal."
"It's just that I fight better when I'm dry." retorted Kanon.
"You think you'll be fighting do you?" asked Seska. Seska had been having a strange feeling about Kanon since his declaration to Tenkazu that he would devote his life to Mirimoto. It seemed an easy switch for him. Maybe he'd been thinking about it for a while. Or maybe he was tricking them, laying a trap that would ensnare them all. "This is you're family we're going up against here, not your usual enemy. You won't be fighting, you'll stand to one side while we do the fighting."
"I have pledged myself to Clan Mirimotto." said Kanon, drawing himself up and stepping face to face Seska. "I will do what I must to whomever I must. You will not question my loyalty again."
Stryder put a hand on Kanons chest. "Take a step back Kanon. You would be suspicious if you were in our position and you know it. We'll all be happier when this is over and you've proved yourself." Kanon moved back over towards the door. "By the way," said Stryder, "talk to Seska like that again and you'll be answering to me." He turned away to find Seska looking at him. He shrugged.
"I can look after myself." she chided.
"More than most people, I know." he replied. "But it's nice to have a man do your dirty work every now and then, surely?" She laughed again. About to reply, she was interrupted by a sudden momentary darkness. Light returned quickly.
"Tenkazu's signal." said Stone. "Let's do this."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

They burst through the door into the throne room, a quick glance showed Jumper and Shumi entering from their door and Tenkazu emerging from his door. There was no sign of Garge. They stopped and turned toward the throne.

"Aww, shit." spluttered Kanon. The throne room was roughly twenty meters wide and fifty-five to sixty meters long. They had emerged barely ten meters in from the entrance, and the space between them and the throne was filled with maybe two hundred and fifty men in full armour. Commotion was running down the hall as the men realised that the small group had appeared.

"Tenkazu Mirimotto!" said a figure who was standing on one side of the throne. "I was half expecting you. The gossip mongers around here have been saying you were back." Tenkazu had walked out to halfway between the two doors. He began to address the figure by the throne.

The others stood together behind Tenkazu, all of them knew what was going to happen but appreciated that the two chief antagonists would need a chat first. Stone was looking around the room, up at the massive vaulted ceiling of grey stone.
"Impressive." he muttered to no one in particular. "Especially how the voices carry. They're talking normally yet they can hear each other, even from this distance."
"I think there's some sort of enchantment on this room." said Shumi. "You can hear anything from anywhere. During banquets is dreadful, all those people chewing. Ergh."
Shumi had been back to her rooms and had changed into her hunting gear. She had already said she did not own any armour, there being no need, but her leather trousers and jacket over a plain forest green cotton shirt were of high quality. High leather boots and a thong to hold her hair out of her eyes completed her ensemble. She had a bow and a short sword and her golden hair flowed down her back.
"Who's that Tenkazu's talking too?" asked Stryder.
"That's Denoman, Kanons eldest brother and the brains behind this little coup." answered Seska. "The man on the other side of the throne is Dajo. He's the middle brother and is a stupid as mud but he's a lively one in a fight. Rumor is that he's never been beaten."
"It's true." said Kanon. "He's got no scars, never been bruised. He fights like it's his last day on earth and luck protects him."
"He also tried to rape me." said Seksa bitterly. "It was only because he almost got caught that he stopped." Dajo had been staring at Seska since she'd entered the room, he had one hand on the emperors shoulder and a hungry longing in his eyes.
"Really?" Stryders eyes had hardened. He stepped in front of Seska breaking Dajo's stare. Stryder met his look and pointed at him. "He's mine."
"But..." started Seska.
"Mine." interrupted Stryder flatly, not breaking he stare. "End of disscussion."

"You can't stop us now, Tenkazu." Denoman was saying. "There is but a few of you and so many of us."
"We have faced worse than this." said Tenkazu. Stryder raised his eyebrows and glanced at Stone who was shaking his head again. Seska had drawn an arrow.
"You got enough of those?" whispered Stryder.
"No." she replied. Then she grinned evilly. "But I have other methods."
"That's my girl." said Stryder, returning her grin.
"Oh. 'My girl' is it?"
"Yup." He winked. Seska got no chance to reply because Tenkazu had started a fight.
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES   IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 9:08 am

While Tenkazu and Denoman talked, Stone moved a little away from his friends. It was never a good idea to give the enemy a concentrated target. Stone was impressed with the discipline of the armored warriors before him. None flinched, none looked worried, and barely any of them blinked. These men knew their place and their mission.

Stone realized he was letting worry creep into his thoughts. NO! Emotion would not serve him here. He stopped, about 25 feet from where he started and turned to face the ranks of columned warriors. He took a breath to calm himself and ran his fingers along the hilt of his sword.

Past the warriors, he noticed that Tenkazu had enjoined in battle. Stone quickly drew his sword and chose his first target with a quick glance.
Back to top Go down
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES   IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 9:11 am

Tenkazu stepped into the centre of the room, his eyes fell on the Emperor and stayed there for a long time before Denonam spoke.

"Tenkazu Mirimotto!" he said in a confident tone "I was half expecting you. The gossip mongers around here have been saying you were back."
"I counted on it"
"really I would have thought you would have crept back here to murder us when we slept" Dajo blurted out his hand still resting on the Emperor's shoulder
"Silence Dajo, Everyone knows the Mirimotto prefer to stand in front of arrows rather than behind walls"
Tenkazu finally shifted his gaze to Denoman "Better than hiding in castles waiting to die on my knees" he said all the while half listening the the conversation going on behind him.
"He's mine." proclaimed Stryder
Tenkazu looked at Dajo who's hand had shifted to his hilt

"You can't stop us now, Tenkazu." Denoman was saying. "There is but a few of you and so many of us."
"We have faced worse than this." said Tenkazu. Stryder raised his eyebrows and glanced at Stone who was shaking his head again. Seska had drawn an arrow.
"You got enough of those?" whispered Stryder.
"No." she replied. Then she grinned evilly. "But I have other methods."
"That's my girl." said Stryder, returning her grin.
"Oh. 'My girl' is it?"
"Yup."

Tenkazu stepped forward drawing Phoenix in one smooth action and cut down 5 of the soldiers in a sweeping ark in front of him he side stepped the on rush of another two who were cut down by Kanon in two strikes, Tenkazu need to be at the other end of the hall, he wanted Denoman dead, by now Dajo was half way to him and he didn't want to engage the brute as that would mean killing him and annoying Stryder.

He waited until the soldiers had pressed their attack home, they were bunched up at the back and falling like flies at the front, Dajo and Stryder were now going at it blow for blow, the Soldiers gave them a wide birth as both men cut down any that strayed to close, He glanced over in Stone's direction the old man was holding his own  and Kanon had drifted toward him and the two seemed to be fighting together, Jumper was floating several feet from the ground raining down arrows onto any one who looked like they may attempt to flank one of his friends, one of the soldiers shot past Kanon and Stone on a direct line to Seska, half way there he was intercepted by a boot to the hip, he whirled around and grinned at the small form that was Shumi.

Shumi dropped into an unfamiliar stance and the soldier licked his lips "I'm going to be the first man to take you little girl" then he attacked, Shumi smiled stepped gracefully aside and cut the man's head from his shoulders, Seska looked at her, eyes wide.

"Where did you learn that"
"I learned it from Mitsunari" she smiled as the man himself burst through the doors and joined the fray with a group of 50 or so loyal Imperial guard, Shumi's smile turned into a full grown grin as if her favourite toys had come to life, she moved next to Seska and readied her bow.

With the addition of the loyal troops lead by Mitsunari, Tenkazu was able to slip through and was now running toward Denoman, Denoman's sword came up to deflect Tenkazu's attack and shattered on impact, he kicked out catching Tenkazu in the chest and pushing him back he shouted something and one of the Soldiers Tenkazu hadn't noticed until now levelled his crossbow at the emperor and loosed the bolt, Tenkazu twisted and sliced down on the bolt but it wasn't good enough the Bolt hit the Emperor in the gut and the soldier hastily began to reload but he was dead before the quarrel was even in his hand, Tenkazu turned but Denoman was gone.

The next day Tenkazu was summoned to the emperor's death bed, the old man clung to life still and when he entered the old man reached out to him, Tenkazu took his hand and sat on the bed, Shumi sobbed as she held the old man's other hand.

The Emperor smiled "Tenkazu, you have aged well, will you forgive me?"
"I hated you for such a long time for your actions that day, But life is fleeting, Ida Kisi"
The Emperor smiled again "It has been such a long time since anyone has used my name" The old man beckoned the 3 ministers forward while still holding Shumi's hand "Listen well for this is my last will Lord Tenkazu Mirimotto will be Regent until Lady Shumi is wed" the ministers quickly wrote down the decree and with the help of Shumi the Emperor stamped the document with the Imperial seal, he looked up at Tenkazu "The Shadow is coming Lord Regent, You can save Kaminotochi and bring it peace" Tenkazu's frowned and the old man's hand slipped from his as he passed from this world to the next, Shumi wailed in anguish.

Tenkazu was stood in the garden of Hero's, one of many gardens that made up the courtyards of the Imperial palace staring at a massive mural that ran the length of the wall some 30 feet and standing at least 12 feet high, when the others arrived.

Without a word, then stepped forward and touched the figure at its centre, "This" he said "Is Emperor Tadikatsu Ishimura, your fathers father" he said looking at Shumi, she nodded, he stepped to the right and touched a figure dressed in dark green armour with tortoise shell pauldrons, the Mirimotto Clan crest emblazoned on his chest, "This is Ketetsu Mirimotto my fathers father and yours" he said to Jumper, "This" he move to the other side and touching a large man in gleaming red amour with wisps of white beard flowing out from under his mask "Is Lord Ishru Tachibana your fathers, fathers father" he said turning to Kanon "and this" he said " once again reaching out and touching a figure this one was dressed in the robes of a Wu Jen "This magnificent man whom, I would like to point out was 112 when this battle was fought is Lord Tenkazu Taira" he looked pointedly at Stryder "It is said that Magi runs stronger in the Taira than any other clan"
Stryder stepped forward "that looks like the plains of kishu"
"It is, however the battle was not fought there it was fought in the valley of Ise at the boarder of our lands"
"The dark ones" Stryder breathed "you think they are returning?"
Tenkazu nodded "Echi and now the Emperor have both mentioned it, it is said that some can foresee the future when near death in their dreams, Echi sought me out because her father had foreseen shadows on the horizon"
"What do we do now" said Stone
"Well my friend first we must cull the weeds" with that he turned and walked swiftly toward the Halls of state...

Back to top Go down
Bob Stryder
Admin
Admin
Bob Stryder

PostSubject: Re: IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES   IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 3:43 pm

Without a word, Tenkazu stepped forward and touched the figure at its centre.
"This," he said "Is Emperor Tadikatsu Ishimura, your fathers father." he said looking at Shumi. She nodded. He stepped to the right and touched a figure dressed in dark green armour with tortoiseshell pauldrons, the Mirimotto Clan crest emblazoned on his chest.
"This is Ketetsu Mirimotto my fathers father and yours" he said to Jumper.
"This," he moved to the other side and touching a large man in gleaming red amour with wisps of white beard flowing out from under his mask, "is Lord Ishru Tachibana, your fathers, fathers father." he said turning to Kanon.
"And this," he said, once again reaching out and touching a figure, this one was dressed in the robes of a Wu Jen. "This magnificent man whom, I would like to point out, was 112 when this battle was fought, is Lord Tenkazu Taira." He looked pointedly at Stryder. "It is said that Magi runs stronger in the Taira than any other clan."
Stryder stepped forward "That looks like the Plains of Kishu."
"It is, however the battle was not fought there, it was fought in the valley of Ise at the border of our lands."
"The Dark Ones." Stryder breathed "You think they are returning?" Tenkazu nodded.
"Echi and now the Emperor have both mentioned it, it is said that some can foresee the future when near death in their dreams. Echi sought me out because her father had foreseen shadows on the horizon."
"What do we do now?" said Stone
"Well my friend first we must cull the weeds" with that he turned and walked swiftly toward the Halls of state. Stryder turned around and called him.
"Tenkazu." Tenkazu stopped and turned to look at him.
"You say 'we'," started Stryder. "You've just been made Lord Regent of Kaminotochi. Unless you want to pass that regency on to another you can't go anywhere." Tenkazu just stared at him.
"It's just something for you to think about. If anything happens inside these walls then you can deal with it. Outside these walls ... well, we'll have to do it."
"We'll see." replied Tenkazu, who turned and walked off.

Stryder turned back to the mural. He stepped up to the painting of his ancestor, and ran his fingers over the figure, trying to connect to what he had left. He felt eyes on his back and turned to see Stone watching him. Stryder shrugged and started walking back to his rooms.

While he walked he began rubbing his right shoulder. It was giving him a little trouble after the fight yesterday. He began running it over in his mind again, the feeling he had felt as he began cutting down the enemy. A feeling that he hadn't felt for such a long time, the rush of blood to the head, the whistle of arrows flitting past his head, knowing that they would miss him because they were fired by Seska and Jumper. The euphoric feeling as his katana dispatched enemy after enemy. All the while heading across the room towards Dajo who was standing in front of the dais, waiting for him. After what seemed like hours they were finally face to face, two arms lengths from each other. One of the other soldiers ran in with his blade raised, only to be cut down by Dajo, his own man.
"We have a problem." said Stryder.
"Not for long." replied Dajo. "First I'm going to kill you, then I'm going to have that bitch Seska." Stryder raised his katana and pressed it onto Dajos chest armour.
"You people never learn do you?"
"Shut up!" screamed Dajo, batted Stryders blade away with his hand and lunged forward. Stryder neatly sidestepped and brought his knee up hard into Dajos gut.
"Don't make this easy for me." snarled Stryder. "You need to suffer."
And so the fight began. Dajo was physically strong, more so than Stryder. But what he boasted in strength and speed he lacked in style or finesse. His fighting style was one of fast brute force, swinging his heavy blade in hard wide swathes. Stryder was lighter, quicker and had a much more impressive style, dodging the swipes but not making much progress. As he backed up to avoid a swing he tripped on the dais. He recovered quickly but the next swing was already inbound. Instead of dodging it he raised his blade to ward off the attack. His katana shattered with the impact, but Dajos swing missed, although not by much. Stryder kicked out at Dajos foot sending the big warrior crashing to the floor. Quick as a flash Stryder was on top, Wakizashi against Dajos throat...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the present, Stryder changed his mind and headed towards the dungeon instead. He walked down the damp steps and down to the last cell on the right. He looked through the bars at the figure hanging limply from the manacles fixed to the cell wall. The figure twitched as he opened the door to the cell and he stepped inside. He stepped up to the figure, grabbed hair and lifted the head.
"Ah, Dajo." said Stryder. "I have some questions for you."
"Like what?"
"Like where has big brother scampered off to?" whispered Stryder. Dajo laughed, then winced in pain.
"Even if I knew I wouldn't tell you."
"Oh, but you will." Stryder grabbed a ladle from the bucket of fresh water nearby and held it up to Dajos mouth. He drank greedily. "You know you're going to tell us. Maybe not me but my friends know some interesting methods of getting what we want."
"I won't even have to touch you." Tenkazu stepped out of the shadows. Stryder was surprised to see him but he didn't show it. "I can make you see things that aren't there. I can crush your heart without breaking through your skin. I can make you burn without using fire. I can keep you pain for months without you dying." Tenkazu put his head close to Dajos. "I can make the rest of your life very unpleasant. Just tell us where he went and it will all be over."
Dajo lifted his head, looked into Tenkazus eyes and smiled a demonic smile.
"You can't win, Tenkazu. You or your lapdogs." he spat at Stryder. "They're coming for you. They're coming for all of you. You can't escape." Dajo was standing on his own feet now. "You can't stop them now. They're too close, the ground work has all been done. You can't STOP THEM." Dajo began screaming, spittle firing out of his mouth and running down his chin. "YOU CAN'T ESCAPE! IT DOESN'T MATTER! YOU WILL SERVE THEM OR DIE!. IT IS WRITTEN! THE DARK ONES WILL RULE YOU ALL!" He carried on shouting, his outbursts getting louder and more extreme, swearing and name calling. Stryder looked at Tenkazu who nodded. Stryder drew back his fist and drove a hard punch to the side of Dajos head. The shouting stopped, Dajos body went limp.

"Well," said Tenkazu. "It looks like things are further along than we thought."
"We need to find out how far." said Stryder, wiping the spit from his face. "If we get caught napping then we loose the only chance we have of beating them."
"I know. Gather the armies. We have a war to fight."
"Another war." smiled Stryder. "Stone will be pleased."
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES   IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 5:27 pm

In the two months since the skirmish in the throne room, Stone had spent time training the Imperial City guard in battle and defensive tactics.  He also circled the city and the Palace several times shoring up the defenses and securing breaches...similar to the sewer canal he had crawled up to gain entrance to the Palace.  Now he had begun a wider patrol reviewing the status of the villages surrounding Imperial City.

At the end of a long chilly day checking the area north of the city, Stone entered a small tavern along the rode about 12 kilometers from the City.  The nearly ramshackle structure had room for 30 seats, a warm central hearth and an amiable shopkeeper.  Stone sat near the hearth and order his meal and a drink.  While waiting for his meal, nursing his Sake, the shopkeeper approached him and said "It is a pleasure to see you again Stone" while wearing a big grin.

Stone looked up and stared for a moment at the man.  "You must have me confused with another.  I don't know you sir."  Stone looked away and then a chill ran down his spine.  How had this man known his name.  Looking quickly back to the man "Who are you?" he demanded.  Stone heard the door open and people come in, but he did not turn to check.

The shopkeeper, still wearing the wide grin, began to laugh.  "Has it been so long that you don't remember me?"  Then the man blinked and his eyes were completely black.  "Then again, I suppose we never met face to face, but you did make a nuisance of yourself.  Seize him!"

Stone heard movement behind him and while pulling his sword he spun to face the threat.  Swing through he decapitated a young man who was reaching for him.  The second man had managed to pull a kodachi and block his attack.  Stone stepped in towards the man and drove a knife into his heart.  The man gurgled and slumped to the ground.

Turning quickly Stone saw the shopkeeper was gone.  A Dark One?  This close to the city.  No.  Dark Ones didn't possess humans...did they?.  Unsure what actually happened here, Stone looked around the shop for any other clues and found nothing.  This event was truly disturbing and Stone knew he needed to return to Imperial City to advise Lord Regent Mirimotto.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES   IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES Empty

Back to top Go down

IMPERIAL CITY AND PROBABLY OTHER PLACES
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Samurai House :: The Courtyard :: Role Play :: Samurai Adventures-
Jump to: