Samurai House
Please provide login details for the Samurai House.
Samurai House
Please provide login details for the Samurai House.
Samurai House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Samurai House. We hope you enjoy your stay

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helix Falks' Compendium of AE player Types.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

Helix Falks' Compendium of AE player Types. Empty
PostSubject: Helix Falks' Compendium of AE player Types.   Helix Falks' Compendium of AE player Types. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 12:39 pm

This is a Compendium of AE player types based on my own observations of other players in the last year and a half of playing this game.

Warmongers

Warmongers are the first to step forward and label AE as a war game failing to notice that its actually a Empire building sim with war as one of its defining aspects war is very much part of an Empires growth but is not completely necessary for its success.

Warmongers come in many forms there are those among this type that bully weaker players for their own amusement and there are those that prefer to use their ability's to help weaker players but all gain satisfaction in war and aim solely to construct mass quantities of fleet so they may partake in their favourite pass time . regardless how one feels about Warmongers they are a much needed resource for any guild. In most cases these players have very good accounts with plenty of economy and fleet but their base defence and Tech are often lacking.

Econ Junkies

Econ Junkies are addicted to econ hence the "Junkie" part of their name there bases often boast a 120+ econ but more often than not their bases are poorly defended and they lack the fleet to be effective in freeing them.

If gone unchecked Econ Junkies can be a detriment to a guild and often find them selves under the heel of a Warmonger however XP whores love them (see below) Econ Junkies with the right guidance can be turned into a Wonder child (also see below)

XP Whore

As the name suggests players of this type will whore themselves out for XP using their fleets as battering rams to cause as much damage as possible to other players often unsuspecting and oblivious to the XP Whore's presents until it is to late.

XP Whores often hang around Econ Junkies or buddy up with them in their guild so that they may pounce on the unsuspecting poor bastard that comes to feed on the Econ Junkie.

It is not uncommon for the XP Whore to forget to clean up the derbs after its seemingly random aggression. IMO XP Whore's have a hint of psychosis about them and they really need to seek professional help ASAP.

This player is dangerous to have in one's guild as it can start wars as easy as setting hay alight.

Defence Freaks

This player type is highly concerned about its defences and will go all out from the start just to get P-Rings on all bases ASAP however due to its freakish concern for such things its Econ and fleet suffer immeasurably and takes a long time for it to recover.

Defence Freaks are good for your guild as they rarely come under attack from others the Defence Freak can and most likely will become a Wonder child.

(Authors note: I think I fall under this Type of player)

Lurkers

Lurkers normally have pretty good accounts with a healthy balance of everything the one thing that prevents them from being a Wonder child is their unearthly silence and sometimes complete disregard to guild activity's and orders.

These creatures of the AE realm can often be found in lower ranking guilds bolstering its stats but make no mistake Lurkers can be very dangerous if provoked or while hunting for Econ Junkies.

Total Noob

Avoid them at all costs kick and farm them if you have to just get them off the game.

The Total Noob is a player that thinks it knows best and refuses to heed the wise words of more sensible players often making poor attacks for little or no profit and having Barracks as base defence.

(Authors note: BARRACKS! for the love all that is good and holy WHY!...Why?)

Should one have it in one's guild you ask? I think the first sentence gives my opinion on that.
Back to top Go down
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: Helix Falks' Compendium of AE player Types.   Helix Falks' Compendium of AE player Types. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 12:40 pm

Part 2

Poster

The Poster can be annoying as hell their need for social interaction with others is immeasurable their accounts are often lacking in all aspects as they are to busy posting pointless drivel to remember to set their ques.

You don't want this type in your guild if you can help it.

Positive Poster

A Positive Poster can be annoying at times due to their high quantity of posts however they often have a decent or reasonable account and are very active within the guild.

These players often make good Training Officers.

Out of Timers

Out of Timers are players that have a life, a Real life (Strange and hard to believe as that may seem) that consumes much of their time there accounts are often average but they also have a strange way of being able to catch up to you on the week end how these players achieve this feet is a mystery even to one as observant as myself.

Wild Cards

Similar to Lurkers, Wild Cards rarely communicate or get involved in the guilds activity's the one big difference is they more often than not show up when you least expect it, and save the day with more fleet than you thought they had. Once they have vanquished your foes they return to the void ignoring your efforts to thank them.

It is my personal belief that these players possess no Key board. These players are rare and one would be tremendously lucky if one possessed such a player.

Wonder Child

This player is the proverbial AE God/Goddess their accounts are impeccable with the correct balance of Fleet units and a strong Econ, defence and Tech they also actively partake in guild activity's and always follow orders.

If a guild was full of this Player type it is my belief that the sever would crash.

Sub Types

Sub Types are additional Type casts that can be applied to the above standard Types.

5 Timers

5 Timers have an account on all 5 severs how they find the time to do this is unknown to me.

In actives

In actives are the lifeless husks left over by a player who has given up on AE however after some time they come back to life in the form of a UC which is much goodness for all the others who hunt down this menace and lay waste to them in vast quantity's. Unfortunately the war on UC's can never be won as they are far to numerous.

Please send me any Type's that I may have missed or post them here.
Back to top Go down
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: Helix Falks' Compendium of AE player Types.   Helix Falks' Compendium of AE player Types. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 1:33 pm

Additions

Techy

A Techy normally has an average or above average account boats an unusually high levels of tech the compensate for their lack of fleet with hull shattering weapons and defensive tech.

These player often grow into a Wonder Child as time goes on.

Trader

A Trader augments its Economy with a vast trade network and are often very picky about who they deal with they will also send out trade routes to nearly any guild and often have base defence in place to protect the routes from plunder.

This type of player is a boon to a sever not just a single guild.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helix Falks' Compendium of AE player Types.   Helix Falks' Compendium of AE player Types. Empty

Back to top Go down

Helix Falks' Compendium of AE player Types.
Page 1 of 1