Samurai House
Please provide login details for the Samurai House.
Samurai House
Please provide login details for the Samurai House.
Samurai House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Samurai House. We hope you enjoy your stay

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OTHERWORLD - Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Magic

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jumper11550
Kenin
Kenin
Jumper11550

OTHERWORLD - Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Magic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHERWORLD - Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Magic   OTHERWORLD - Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Magic - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 1:05 pm

Tarog had been impressed with Reggie's ability to learn, Worrah had not been easy with the boy either. As the night wore on it began to get cold, very cold. Tarog, not ready to sleep offered to take the first watch. As the others drifted off to sleep Tarog allowed his mind to wander.

What seemed like hours later Tarog looked forward and to the left suddenly, straining his eyes. That scent was familiar. He quickly grabbed his sword from where Reggie had left it and awoke Albion silently. Tarog motioned for Albion to follow and set off into the wilderness on the right.

"What is it" Albion asked? Then stopped suddenly...."Orcs?" Tarog nodded his head and quickly detailed how many and where they were. (for you see Tarog knew a great deal about orc tactics, especially bandits) He suggested the split up and route them on each flank.

The two warriors got into position just as the orcs were about to break the camp. acting swiftly Albion and Tarog hit the outside Orcs, killing them both instantly. Before the Orcs knew what had happened three more had fallen and Worrah was awake ready to kill. within seconds the remaining orcs fled. The three warriors turned pack up and get moving again, it was no longer safe here.

Suddenly Reggie squeaked (Snigger) aloud in distress and Tarog turned to be surprised be the human a second time. Reggie had managed to rest an orc to the ground but was rapidly losing his grip as the far stronger orc struggled to be free. Tarog was at his side in a flash and pinned the orc back to the ground.

"we must move now the orcs will return" said Tarog
"how do you know?" asked Reggie
"because i know!" barked Tarog
"because you're...you're one of them" Albion muttered
Tarog looked up sharply and said, "partly... yes, but can we discuss this later those orcs are coming back and we won't surprise them again we need to move!"
Back to top Go down
Stonesmith
Admin
Admin
Stonesmith

PostSubject: Re: OTHERWORLD - Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Magic   OTHERWORLD - Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Magic - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 8:48 pm

Worrah stepped in and drove a dagger deep into the heart of the orc. Kind of ironic really since orcs were generally known as heartless brutes.

Quickly grabbing their belongings the group moved out. They kept off the main trail to avoid detection. They moved slower, but still deftly on a game trail. They travelled about 30 higher but parallel to the the main trail.

Eventually the trail broke out of the trees and allowed them all to see a small valley below. A battle raged below them. Swords and shields and chain mail shone in the morning sun. Orcs! At least 50 orcs ran and shouted and fought to gain control of the battle. But their opponents held the higher ground and delivered crushing blows to each surge by the orcs. Centaurs held the high ground.

Reggie looked across the field and saw no less than 3 flags waving in the centaur camp. The only problem was the orcs were between the group and the other centaurs.

"That is a sight for sore eyes" proclaimed Albion. "The only problem is getting over to them" "Well the middle will be impossible" said Worrah.

"True. Reggie and Layra will ride on my back. We will move quickly and go around the north flank. Let's move"
Back to top Go down
https://sevensamurai.rpg-board.net
Helix Falks
Admin
Admin
Helix Falks

PostSubject: Re: OTHERWORLD - Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Magic   OTHERWORLD - Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Magic - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:03 am

The group rounded the battle field undetected and they were swiftly approaching the relative safety of the Centaur camp when Albion stopped dead in his tracks this sudden stop caused Reggie to pitch forward planting his face into Layra's ample cleavage.

With a bright red face Reggie sat upright "S s sorry" he managed Layra looked at him and giggled
"Both of you get off my back and take as much as you can carry" said Albion sternly
Layra twisted around a look of concern on her face "What is?" she asked
"Do as I say quickly my strength is needed"
Layra turned back to Reggie and slid effortlessly down off of her guardians back and took with her two of the saddle bags and releasing 3 others to fall to the floor Reggie grabbed the 2 remaining bags and dropped of the other side as he rose something metal caught his eye. It was then that he realized that the long solid beams that ran the length of Albion's lower half on either side were in fact massive swords which were now being pulled free of their scabbards.

Reggie joined the others and watched Albion begin to move toward the fray.
"Wow" he said "how can he lift both those swords at once"
"He is strong" Layra pointed out mockingly.
Worrah began to move to follow Albion "Where are you going?" Layra called
"To help" he said
"Worrah" she said with a sweet smile "You are so brave but I would recommend you stay far away from that conflict"
Worrah frowned and span to face her "Why do you think I'm not man enough"
She struck a seductive pose with her hands on her hips "Not at all I think your MORE than man enough" she said with a comely smile.
"Oh really" he replied.
Reggie felt a bit threatened by this for a reason he could not explain "Yes we will need your...ur... manliness to get us to the camp" blurted out Reggie
Tarog rolled his eyes "That and in there you would be trampled to death under foot or hoof" he said pointing at the battle "now lets stop this silly posing and make our way as instructed by the prince"
Worrah tool a longing look back at the battle and the rejoined his fellows.

It soon became apparent why Albion had joined the fray he was moving at a full gallop toward a female Centaur who had been corralled away from the throng by a group of about 12 Orcs they had managed to get a rope around her waist and neck and were pulling at her with their combined strength while others through more ropes about her they obviously were trying to take her as a prisoner.

Albion Charged in the Greatswords in each of his hands gleamed in the dying light of the sun with one swing he cut several of the ropes freeing the Mare from her tormentors ropey embrace and with the other he batted 4 or 5 of the Orcs, sending them several feet into the air, they landed with a thud and stopped moving. He turned on the remaining Orcs his blades moving back and forth slicing and dicing as easily and as swiftly as a farmer harvesting his crops.

The mare freed herself of the remaining ropes an looked upon her champion, she reflexively bowed to her Prince
"Your Highness what are you doing here?" she said
"Saving your tale by the looks of it" Albion replied
"Indeed and I thank you... but we were not expecting you for at least a 10 day*!"
"I had help" he said nodding toward his friends who were making their way to the camp
The mare was about to speak when a cheer went up. The Orcs had decided the day was lost and were starting to fall back and in some cases they were out and out sprinting for the trees, Albion noted this as a lucky day for him those were the trees the group had emerged from moments earlier.

Later that eve Albion explained what had happened over his "little jaunt" as he put it, The Mare had introduced herself as Lady Gallan DaSilver of High fane and she to had explained what had brought her and her company to be at the "hoof" of the Colvarine Mountains. It turned out that she and her troop had been responding to reports of Orcs moving toward the northern boarder or Altaar after a careful deduction of their movements she had worked out that this was the most likely place she could intercept them and the battle they had seen had been raging for the better part of the day.

Reggie watched and listened intently his former belief that this was an elaborate hoax put on by his wealthy friends slow but surly melted away and doubt had been replaced by despair, his sole comfort was that Layra had been by his side the whole time and she held his hand tightly he gave in to the reality of his situation and began to fill his mind with the here and now.

As he had observed the centaurs speaking he couldn't help but notice that Gallan was smaller than the other female that was in the tent this one stood much like Albion with her muscular arms across her broad chest, her hooves like Albion's were wide and the Dark brown hair on her back, legs and head was thick she looked solid like a shire horse or Warhorse, She had been introduced as Lady Marian Cerneg of the Fane and she was a subordinate of Gallan obviously a role she did not relish as she scoffed at the other female regularly causing a scornful glare from her rival. Lady Gallan on the other hand was slight her hair was thinner and a lighter shade of brown almost verging on red her hooves were smaller and she stood a half foot shorter she also bore less scars than the other whether this was due to lack of experience or the fact she was a better fighter than Marion he could not say.

Then it dawned on him Gallan was similar to a common riding hoarse where as Albion and Marion were more like the rarer Shire Horse perhaps in this world she was considered a Commoner and that was why Marion did not like her situation, she was second post to a commoner. Pleased with his powers of deduction Reggie smiled and then realized that Layra's head was resting on his shoulder. his smile turned into a grin that he aimed a Worrah, who raised and eyebrow and gave him a puzzled look.

"I must return to the city of Kings with Reggie his being here is disturbing news and we must know if this has anything to do with Marak and his hoard" said Albion breaking Reggie's current train of thought
"What of your Army to the south my Prince" said Marion
Albion thought on this for a moment "They are currently under the command of my second post Lord Helrim Castlestormer"
Reggie chuckled at the name and then repeated it allowed "Castlestormer".
"Indeed Reggie a name he earned by single handedly storming a castle and wining"
"Begging your pardon Albion"
"That's your highness to you Human" said Lady Marion bristling with anger and disdain
Reggie did not help matters when he pocked his tong out at her causing Gallan to chuckle slightly even Albion had a look of amusement on his face. Marion looked ready to fly into a rage and charge down at the small human when Albion raised a hand that drew her attention strait to him.
"Is there any aid I can give you to speed your journey home sire" said Gallan silently hoping he would take the haughty Marion with him.
"Not that I can think of but I would ask you to spare your fastest runner to my troops and give them news of my where a bout's" he replied.
"I can assign you an honour guard for the journey" she ventured.
"No you will need every one you have to hold this pass the Orcs will have to come this way if they wish to attack our boarders and they would not dare to venture to far north into the lands of the Icemen" he said his words sent a shiver down Marian's back and she shifted uneasily. Reggie noted this she had obviously done battle with them in the past.

The meeting had lasted hours and Reggie was feeling sleepy, Albion had told him that they would take advantage of the camp for a day or two so they could recover from their journey thus far.

The tent was not very big but the beds they were given that had been knocked together by skilled carpenters were very comfortable but simple in design. they were made of two poles held aloft by an x shaped brace at each end with a sheet of canvas stretched across to form the mattress and thick blankets made of wool and animal skins draped over the top. Reggie wasted no time getting comfy and nor did the others. After a short while Layra and Albion entered the tent the huge Centaur simply walked to one side and stopped in front of a cross beam suspended off the ground by two 6 foot tall poles that Worrah had been using earlier to do chin ups, Folded his arms atop the the beam and rested his head atop them with his eye's closed.

Layra walked to her bed and tested it it did not seem to meet her approval so she gathered up the blankets and arranged them neatly upon Albion's back then swung her self up and wriggled under the top layer.

She yawned contently "Night night Reggie" she said...

* A 10 day is one week there are 30 days (3 weeks) in a month and 360 days (12 months or 36 weeks) in a year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OTHERWORLD - Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Magic   OTHERWORLD - Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Magic - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

OTHERWORLD - Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Magic
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Samurai House :: The Courtyard :: Role Play :: Myth/Fantasy/Underworld-
Jump to: